Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This cat in Chicago opened up a restaurant and is employing ex offenders and called it Felony Franks. Turn up some people are pissed because he is using court and prison terminology on his menu. I don't see the problem, people need to mind their own bidness. Watch the video :supergrin:

http://felonyfranks.com/

·
Daca is caca
3,650 Posts
<---would rather NOT have a kiester stasher making his lunch

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<---would rather NOT have a kiester stasher making his lunch
If they have turned their life around then its all good as far as I am concerned. :supergrin:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
thats retarded

here in my town , right beside the courthouse , a guy opened a little restaurant called "the courthouse grille "

his menu also contained those type of names for food

like jailbreak fries

hamburgers - the parole burger , etc etc

·
Firm member
30,190 Posts
It is a great idea and offers avenues for those who want to get straight but curious how he got a liquor license...many states forbid felons to serve & sell.

Oh wait, it is Chicago. Nevermind. HH

·
Registered
946 Posts
It is a great idea and offers avenues for those who want to get straight but curious how he got a liquor license...many states forbid felons to serve & sell.

Oh wait, it is Chicago. Nevermind. HH
Unless something has recently changed, they don't sell liquor. At least not when I was there.

·
Drop those nuts
9,539 Posts
This cat in Chicago opened up a restaurant and is employing ex offenders and called it Felony Franks. Turn up some people are pissed because he is using court and prison terminology on his menu. I don't see the problem, people need to mind their own bidness. Watch the video :supergrin:

http://felonyfranks.com/

I'd be fine with it. Not everyone who's been in jail deserves to be saddled with a life long employment problem over it. I'd eat there for sure.

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I would try it, but I don't think I would want a Shankburger. :shocked:

I applaud the effort, as there are ex-cons out there, that really are trying to get their life straight. If they can't get work, they are more apt to return to a life of crime. If they don't return to crime, and can't get work, they end up on the welfare rolls.

·
NRA Life Member
66,048 Posts
If they have turned their life around then its all good as far as I am concerned. :supergrin:
Maybe, but I have an absolute rule: I don't knowingly eat food that has been made, handled, or left alone with inmates. The same applies to ex-inmates, if I'm aware of it (so I don't eat at Waffle Houses, either).

Glad those guys have jobs - I just won't be eating there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts