Fellow CT'ers what would you sell this gear for?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Narc1911, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Narc1911

Narc1911 Anchora Salutis

Hey I need some help pricing out some gun stuff I want to sell off to fund a project or two. I am not posting this as an advertisement and will probably sell these to locally to other LEOs.

I have a Superior Arms M4 that I don't use anymore. I have put on a Magpul Moe Handguard, grip, and stock all in OD. The rear sight is the basic fixed rear that looks modeled after the LMT one. I replaced the buffer tube with a mil-spec one. The rifle has a chrome moly 1/9 barrel, but the BCG key is properly staked. It has a blackhawk 3-point sling, and a basic case.

This was my first AR and has been replaced by a Noveske. It is in great condition and has about 1,000 rounds through it. I am just not sure what is a fair price for all of this, I was thinking about asking $800. Does that sound right to you guys? I don't want to ask for the moon, but if it looks like I wouldn't get much out of it I would probably save it as a loaner to friends.

I am also thinking about offloading an Eotech 516 I bought last year. I have around 1,000 rounds on my AR with this sight and it is in very good condition. I think I paid $450 for it, and it looks like they go for $440-480 online now. What do you guys think they should go for used? Is hoping to get $375 too much?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. Hearmoretalkless

Hearmoretalkless

I can see that trying to price these items is causing you stress... which is killing you slowly through high blood pressure and heart disease.

To save you, I will take both of those off your hands for the princely sum of $572.15. No dickering or trying to take less, I insist that you take the whole sum. You've earned it and you deserve it for your 'project' (who knew hookers and blow were so expensive???).

I'll pop by tomorrow afternoon with the cash -- small, used and unmarked bills should be OK eh?

Seriously, I have nothing OT to add. I'm Canadian and I don't really know what most of what you posted means... ;)

3. JBaird22

JBaird22

Sounds about right. With guns, I usually expect about 60% of what I have in it to get out of it. I know, sad, but true.

Although if WA goes through with the AWB, you might be in business!

4. nursetim

nursetim

No no no, $572.15 might anger him. I know an NP that works in a prison that has NEVER owned an M4gry that would gladly pay you $5.00 for a rifle today. :supergrin: Just for your health mind you, :thumbsup:.

5. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

:rofl:

Doc, I would slap the EOTech onto the rifle and sell the pair for $1,200 here or on Officer Resource.

6. Morris

Morris CLM

Sell 'em both and I'll buy from a brother! :)

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

EoTechs go for minimum of $350 and up on ebay depending on model.

8. Narc1911

Narc1911 Anchora Salutis

Thanks for the info guys. I rarely sell gun stuff or buy it used, so I needed some reassurance.