Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Houston Car Show today at Reliant.

Had reached to pull up my pants and guess I opened the flap(velcro) and bloooop there it went. I looked around to see what fell and saw my mag laying there. Nobody seemed to see it, wasn't that many around where I was.

I carry it horizontal in a nylon knife case with a velcro flap.

I have got to get a real mag carrier I guess.

·
Rude Member
3,063 Posts
I use the carrier that came with my leatherman. Its not a worn horizontal though. When the velcro got worn, I added a snap to it. Just be glad you heard it hit the ground. Losing a magazine would suck, especially in public.

"Excuse me maam, have you seen my spare magazine laying around anywhere? Its loaded with 180 grain Gold Dots.":rofl:

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
at least it wasnt your gun, Most people don't identify a mag to be honest.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
And that's the trouble with such as ankle carry rigs, or up-side-down shoulder holsters.

Can you imagine getting to the car and notice your leg feels a bit lighter because your ankle gun fell out somewhere in Wal-Mart?

CHL holders need to THINK about how they carry their CCW gear hard.

And of course most of you have read in Houston where the old gent took off his coat in the restaurant and his 'derringer' fell out on the floor, discharged, and stuck a 71 year old lady in the posterior, right?

Deaf

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've lost mags out of my G30 when the mag release apparently got pushed. I carry crossdraw about 10 o'clock and about 20 degrees to the belt which puts the mag in perfect position to fall if the button gets pressed. The 2 times it has happened I scooped it up instantly and stuffed into a pocket. I altered my holster to "guard" the mag release and it hasn't happened again. I know, I know, if I carried strong side with the mag pointing up this wouldn't happen. I like crossdraw; I'm working out the bugs as they pop up. BTW, no one really noticed either incident

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
If your mags are falling out at a carshow, you may want to ask yourself if you're doing anything stupid...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts