Feinstein bill would not apply to gvt officials

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gonetodarkside, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Of course the government will not be disarmed or affected. You cannot oppress a people if they are armed or if you lack adequate arms yourself.

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I've only seen two gun control bills pass without an exception for government/military.

1) The illegal to touch a firearm with a misdemeanor conviction of domestic assault (that was intentionally dropped largely due to pressure from the NRA)
    and
    2) The new NY assault weapon law that outlaws >10 round magazines. I am SO glad to see that oversight in there because they have a few choices. Ignore the law, in which case they are telling the people they can ignore it too. Try to repass the law with the exception (I doubt it'd ever pass again). or repeal the law totally.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Why do you doubt it would pass again?? It sailed through last week. It's not like the people are voting on it and have since discovered what's really in it, it will be the same slimy politicians voting on it again.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

From what I've read, the Senate didn't actually read it and there are/were enough NO votes to kill it if they had.

It got railroaded through "Pass it to see what's in it" seems to be the rule of the democrat party lately.

I stand by my comment. I do not believe it would pass again if it came up today.

5. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Is the definition of 'government official' anyone that is employed by the .gov? Who does that actually refer to? Congressmen? Congressmen's aids?

6. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

AGREED :wavey:

7. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Good. Hopefully I'll be able to get gently used mags for cheap soon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

So, as of today, are NY LEO's still legally restricted to 7 rds in their mags? (whether they are actually obeying it or not) I had heard they were going to do a "quick fix' amendment, but hadn't heard anything yet. I'm sure they won't allow the whole thing to come up for vote again.

As for the general topic of this thread, i.e. Feinstein bill would not apply to govt., .... duh! What would be the point of gun control laws if it didn't make the government stronger and the people weaker? Don't say "to save lives" ... if that were the purpose, they'd wouldn't be targeting specific weapons that account for no more than 1-2% percent of all gun homicides.

9. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

I'm not sure that the intenion of the NY Bill isn't to have it brought before the high court some time in the future......to open the subject again with then packed judgeships.

Which I am sure it will be by then.

No matter how little time the great one has left as President, the damage he will do to the Federal court system....including the SCOTUS, will last for 'bout 50 or more years me thinks.