Fein Multimaster

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jay S., Feb 20, 2010.

1. Jay S.

Jay S.

Anyone use one of these? All the reviews I could find were positive. It looks like it would be pretty handy for quite a few things around the house. Kind of pricey, but if it is worth it I wouldn't mind spending the money. Thanks.:wavey:

2. RDW

RDW BTDT

Fein's number One selling product by a bunch.

Very high quality (like all Fein products), but, IMHO - Too expensive.

3. stk10767

stk10767

It works great and can do things you just cant do with any other type of saw. BUT the blades are CRAZY expensive, in the area of $50. Dremel makes a similar product which works just fine.

4. RenoF250

RenoF250

The Harbor Freight version is $40 on sale and blades are ~$8. It works fine.

5. bcmclane

bcmclane

If you're going to use it every day as a professional, get the Fein. If you are a pro that will use it a couple times a month or a homeowner get the Dremel. IMO the Harbor Freight version is a complete waste of money. I've used a Dewault version before, but never seen one for sale and couldn't find any mention of it on the internet. Currently I own the dremel and have been very pleased. Cordless versions are starting to hit the market now as well. Good luck, they are great and unique tool..

6. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

another vote for Dremel. I bought mine for removing old siding from under the eaves and it saved me about 2 weeks worth of work .

7. Rimmer

Rimmer

I use mine for business, IE. used and abused. It's a Dremel.

8. xring04

xring04 On the Right.

So the cheapo ones would be just fine for an occasional user?

9. Jay S.

Jay S.

Thanks everybody. I will probably pick up the Dremel version at Lowes. I thought I had read that the Dremel did not have all of the different type blades that the Fein did. Is that correct?

10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I have the $200 version and It is handy as stated. but the functionality, to me, is for plunge cutting. tiler grout, wood finishing, I even use it to take of urethane adhesive (foaming kind) off the furniture parts I make. I am going to use it to "rough" cut the dovetails in joints to see if it will be faster then the manual way.

I* had the Sears battery ($100) and it was ok but short use time. My son bought the Harbor Freight model ($40) and he is very pleased with it. It looks very much like the Dremel ($100) one.

I agree the blades are expensive. I buy Harbor Freight blades and take a Dremel with the little thin cutoff blades and cut a cross into the center hub. These blades will now fit my Fein tool.

11. RenoF250

RenoF250

Based on what? Did you have one fail? Mine works fine.

12. handyman

handyman

If you didn't get one yet check out Ridgid Tools sold at the Home Depot they have a new one out. Ability to change the heads drill, sander ect.