close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Fees for classifies

Discussion in 'What Happened To My Want Ads Area?' started by MarcDW, Mar 1, 2004.

1. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

It’s great, that the classifies are open again.
    However, if we all want to keep them open to trade, buy or sell, we have to come up with a way to make the owner of GT some money.

I propose that the seller of a gun, pays $5 to the Glockforum on volunteer/honor base.
    Since this is half of what Guns America charges, I think that is more then fair.

2. Guest

I'd be willing.

Steve

3. Wrxified

Wrxified

I propose that they open up a dealers only section. Allow them to post sales, group buys and so on. Have them foot the bill. They make so much money off Eric's traffic it's ridiculous. That's how it is on any forum.

I wouldn't be willing to kick in $5.00 for a sale. If that was the case I'd just post it on an auction board.

4. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack CLM

Wrxified, your logic does not compute. Why would you not be willing to contribute $5 for the sale of a firearm when it would cost a lot more than that to use a auction site?

5. Wrxified

Wrxified

Computes perfect. One, I've never used an auction site to purchase firearms or sell them. Two, I've used a classified section. It was here and it was free. Three, as stated above there are vendors on this site seeing a lot of traffic. Any chatroom, forum or similar places on the web whether it deals with firearm, cars, knives etc all have free classifieds. It draws the bandwith for the vendors. Vendors pay the way. I'm not opposed to donating 5 bucks here or there but that's different. I used them forum for information. I'm not paying for the classifieds.

6. Jacksons Dad

Jacksons Dad

I would agree to pay $5 it I sold an item. Maybe listing on the classifieds should be restricted to only those people that have already contributed to Glock talk in a monetary donation.