close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Feel Free to Critique

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by BexarWolf, Aug 20, 2006.

1. BexarWolf

BexarWolf Got Milk?

These are just a few of the "too many" pics I've taken. I much prefer B&W but the C41 process film just doesn't capture the depths of black and white like professional B&W film does. And getting true B&W film developed is a pain in the arse around here. I'd love to do my own developing but I have too many irons in the fire right now to devote the time necessary to do it right.

Ignore the pics of the bike. I was showing something else to a Virago Owners group:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/texaswolf00/

2. Fred

Fred Lifetime Member Millennium Member

"Cold land" is well named. I get that feeling looking at that picture. I know what you mean about C-41 b&w. I tried it and didn't like it at all. Couldn't find any blacks in the photo at all, just different shades of grey. I don't use it anymore as it was very disappointing.

3. BexarWolf

BexarWolf Got Milk?

That "cold land" was taken December of '04 in North Dakota when it was -18 degrees as was the auger pic. The auger one just happened to come out ok as I held the camera down at the end of the auger and let the autofocus do it's thing. I wasn't ABOUT to kneel down in the snow for that one.

The main problem I've had with C41 is there's a lot of pink in the greys. It was then that I found out that B&W C41 is simply color film with the colors removed. I was truly disappointed. I've got a roll of regular B&W in the Elan now. I'm hoping to go out and about tomorrow and see if I can find any interesting subjects.

Thanks for the reply.:supergrin:

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

This is exactly why I am in the process of getting started doing my own developing!

To be auto that auger is cool! Cold land is great too.

5. BexarWolf

BexarWolf Got Milk?

Thanks for the positive comments.

From all the issues I've read, it might become harder and harder to find the chemicals and paper for B&W. There's a lot of talk that Kodak is going to stop production of their B&W paper so get it while you can. Digital..........it's going to be the death of 35mm.
    :crying: