Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I bought a new Glock 32 this week and the (Calif) dros paperwork is filed so I can't take it home yet. But I've fired it on Fri and Sat at the range where it was purchased. On Friday it had several problems feeding, but on Saturday it got a little bit better. Here's the problem:

When I lock the slide back - put in a full magazine - release the slide lock, the slide only goes forward about a half inch + it looks like the front of the bullett catches on something. The slide won't go forward. Now if I pull the slide all the way back again + let it slam forward, it will usually send the round into the chamber. but after 1 shot it will lock back in the same way.

The Speer hollow points would do this about 4 times in a 10 round mag, and the remington fmj's (same shape- flat nosed) would usually not do it more than once or twice per 50.

The round never actually leaves the magazine. When I pull back the slide + lock it, release the magazine - the top round is still in the mag. It is forward enough to jam the front into the very bottom of the feed ramp.

The feed ramp looks very steep to me compared to my glock 21sf. Almost vertical.

I used the 2 magazines that came with it, and bought a new Glock mag as well. They all do it.

The rangemaster was stumped too, and he said he will polish the ramp if I want him to.

As I said, I can't bring it home yet to disassemble it. Or give it a good cleaning.

This week I will drop in a .40 cal barrel and see how .40 cal works in this gun. I love the feel of it + know a couple of good Glock armorers, but I hate knowing it has this problem.

Any simple answers that I haven't thought of?

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
Gen 4 or Gen 3??

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
wow, Gen 3! I was ready to just tell you to read all the Gen 4 problems. Well with that being said, putting the .40 barrel will at least narrow down some variables, Try using some regular FMJ's non flat top and see how they respond to the weapon. That will also tell you if the feeding ramp truly is to steep.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do. So far I have not seen any ball type ammo in the .357 sig. On line or at the store. In fact several stores don't have it. And the selection is slim for -in stock .357 sig on line.

I'll dig some up if it's out there lol. Thanks.

VB

·
Registered
4,346 Posts

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
Try something like this maybe, Im fairly unfamiliar with that type of ammunition because I have never used any or owned any guns that use it. But this looks to me like it may not be as flat on top and would give you a good idea of what may or may not work.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/87519-5.html

if you dont mind me asking, what guided your decision towards the 32??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good question lol.

I used to shoot revolvers, and my 357 mag. Ruger was my favorite.
After 10 years + of not shooting, I went with some friends to the range and really liked the Glock 21sf. So I bought one.

After several months of loving the 21sf, I really wanted another longer range handgun for the mountains and the desert out here in California.

VB

·
G21sf .45 ACP
259 Posts
Oh ok, thats cool. I just know that particular cartridge is not an easy find all the time and not cheap what so ever

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try something like this maybe, Im fairly unfamiliar with that type of ammunition because I have never used any or owned any guns that use it. But this looks to me like it may not be as flat on top and would give you a good idea of what may or may not work.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/87519-5.html

if you dont mind me asking, what guided your decision towards the 32??
===========================================

I fired a few rounds of this exact ammo + it worked fine. I didn't want to use them all, just see how they felt.

I'm sure I'll get this problem fixed once I get the Glock home. There are some good shops in the area and they really know Glocks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks RedBaron!

That's my problem exactly! Hard to descibe. It's great to know I'm not alone, but sad that so many have to suffer. And sad that the manufacturer doesn't seem to care.

The problem seems to be with the magazines. At least I can take my 3 mags to the local Glock shop and doctor them up a little.

I'll post the results in a few days.

VB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts