Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a feeding issue with my glock 43. When mag is fully loaded it his on the slide making it hard to rack the slide and causes a feeding issue when loading the next round. There has not been and mods and only 90 rounds has been put thru the gun
Wood Bumper Wood stain Rectangle Hardwood

·
Registered
664 Posts
Work the pistol in a manly fashion, don’t ease it forward. And yes some pistols of any brand might need a break in period.

Either slingshot it when letting the slide go forward, or lock the slide to the rear and then let it fly on the loaded mag.

Not a “feeding issue” at all. If you wimp wrists that slide forward you can even set up a double feed. And that is bad…

Regards,

·
G43 Fanboy
3,031 Posts
It’s a known issue with the new “02” Magazine spring. Do search on “02 magazine” or “02 magazine spring” and you will find relevant threads and posts that may help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys. Thought it could of been something different. I did have the frame cerakoted and thought that was it at first. Yesterday was the first time i fired the gun and thought that had something to do with it. I came home cleaned and oiled the gun and when i went to load load it today and saw hit the slide was hitting the case i thought of it just being brand new mags needing to be broke in. But it never hurts to ask and get the opinions of other to help assess my initial thoughts

·
MacGyver
9,707 Posts
Did it have malfunctions shooting it? Was it sluggish returning to battery?
This is common in compacts, and semicompacts.

If not, then difficulty in racking the slide on a full mag pushing upwards against the slide is indicative of a healthy mag spring, and weak hands +/=/- poor racking technique.

Avoid hand racking the slide on top of the full magazine.
If you are worried that the gun will not cycle on top of that mag, then download one round for piece of mind.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Thank you guys. Thought it could of been something different. I did have the frame cerakoted and thought that was it at first. Yesterday was the first time i fired the gun and thought that had something to do with it. I came home cleaned and oiled the gun and when i went to load load it today and saw hit the slide was hitting the case i thought of it just being brand new mags needing to be broke in. But it never hurts to ask and get the opinions of other to help assess my initial thoughts
JHP or FMJ? It makes a difference.

Always leave your magazines fully loaded too.

·
MacGyver
9,707 Posts
Michael, its better to just leave the magazines fully loaded.
That is a preference, like always running your gas tank full, or tightening you pants belt to given tightness.... Or how much beer to keep chilled in the fridge. There are downsides and upsides to everything.

There is a mechanical reliability advantage to not running that mag fully pressurized: makes tactical reloading easier and more reliable (less pressure needed to seat the mag- less chance of unseated mag), and does not press as hard on the slide to potentially cause a slide movement malfunction.

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
Only 90 rounds put through the gun, that is pretty much a brand new gun.

The 43's are known to be rather stiff with a full magazine. The solution: work the magazine until it loosens up (load and unload) or down load it minus -1, or only load it with the slide locked back. You can leave the mags loaded but I have always found they are still stiff after.

And before anyone suggests it, don't trim or cut the spring down.

·
G43 Fanboy
3,031 Posts
My solution to the issue: MagGuts+1 !
MagGuts+1 will replace the overkill “02” spring that many people despise and will even give you an extra round of capacity without making the magazine any longer than its original length.:LOL:
MagGuts+1 works very reliability - at least in my two G43s and in many other happy users’ G43s. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts