Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a Springfield's XD 45 today and it felt good and shot accurately and smooth. I am also impressed by 13 round mag capacity.

Is this as reliable as Glock and HK? I am thinking of getting me a XD 45 with ambi safety...

·
USAF Vet
10,161 Posts
I have a XD 45 Compact and I love this gun. The only thing I hated was the break in time. XD's are in general fantastic guns. Their trigger is ok. I got a trigger job from Springfield and am happy as hell I did. The Springfield carry job is so much better.

I still prefer my Glocks but the XD is a good choice.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I have an XD45 Tactical that I bought a couple of years ago. I've never had one single problem with it. It's sitting in the back of my safe somewhere. I may have to pull her out for a range trip this week.

·
Premium Member
22,817 Posts
I had an XD .45 Compact and it was a great gun. I put such a variety of different loads / bullet shapes through the gun and it never jammed, from day one. I am surprised to hear someone required a break in period with theirs. I already had a G30, so I moved the XD to fund something else. Two things I like about the XD over the G30, a much better supported barrel and I happen to like the grip safety.

·
Banned
18,888 Posts
I have the 4" XD45 and it's one of my favorite guns that I own. It's every bit as reliable as any of my Glocks, and probably more accurate. GREAT gun. I highly recommend one. :cool:

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
I have an XD45 Tactical. It is as reliable as my Glock 21 and has a better grip IMO. Here is a direct comparison with the huge G21 grip.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like everything on my XD45 except for the factory trigger. The factory trigger made me do a lot of *****ing about it. I got back the XD45 last week with the SA Custom Shop carry package with a #4 trigger job & Heine sights. In dry firing, the new trigger is so sweet. Need to take it to the range & shoot it. I'm a happy camper right now.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I love my XD 45 Tac model. I got it a few years ago and it's been my bedside/house gun since. I ran maybe 100-200 rounds of factory ammo through and roughly around 2000 homeloads through it since. No fails with either so far.
On the trigger. I actually had some unintended double taps when I first got due to me being too used to my Glocks with NY-8lb triggers in them. I switched my Glocks back to stock, a few range trips in the sticks, and good to go. I was suprised at how good the groups were with them first douple taps with the XD. I been striving to get them again with half-ass sucess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts