close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Feds to bail out state pension funds?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Mr981, Sep 30, 2012.

1. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Lol. So you're full of crap then.

2. CAcop

CAcop

I would never punch you in the nose. Others might. I think you know that.

As for what I would do with you I would ignore you as much as possible.

If you were a neighbor I would give you a polite wave but I would go out of my way not to talk to you. If you were a coworker I would be sure to not to sit near you. Have you noticed these things in your life?

3. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

So since elected representatives can change laws and no previous congress can bind a future congress, are you OK when we elect representatives who repeal these pensions?

4. CAcop

CAcop

I am not saying you have three acounts. I suspect you do. Maybe you don't. I don't have enough interest to search through old threads to find out. I will just let it play out.

In the end it makes no difference to me. I don't really care what you think. I just come on here for some fun, to rattle some cages by giving my opinons. Just like you. Except I seem to care less.

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Well that's good to know.

I'm still curious though, who are these no punchers and why are they punching me?

Does the truth bother people that much?

6. CAcop

CAcop

The crux of the issue with pensions is the contract. If the courts allow the government to violate contracts without bankruptcy then they can violate any contract.

Over a decade ago my city had a new department built. If they can tear up a pension contract without bankruptcy then they could not pay the contractor without penalty.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Then name them. Go ahead.

If I do have3 accounts and you've uncovered my diabolical plot I can just drop them whether you name them or not. So nothing gained by being coy.

You made the accusation. Back it up.

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

And lets make the 46% that pay no federal income tax pay up at a 28% rate also.

No-one one should be exempted from paying taxes.

9. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

100% correct.

That's a problem.

10. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Silly me. "the last few threads" I took to mean something recent.

11. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Contracts are broken and modified all the time without bankruptcy.

Let me give you common examples. Repossession of cars. Foreclosure on property. Evictions due to non-payment of rent. Airline tickets (i.e. you had a contract to get you from point a to point b in a certain class of service on a certain day at a certain time..yet that contract is often broken).

Many many contracts are broken or modified without bankruptcy. In fact, most times parties prefer this because there are more losers in bankruptcy.

I have yet to see a case where someone who didnt enter into the contract has to pay bills for the contract in bankruptcy.

In general if state X doesn't have the money to pay their pension obligations ONLY state X should be required to make it right. There was no representation with the contract from the other 49 states. If the other 49 states were not involved in making the contract, no way on gods green earth should the be liable for payment.

This is like me making a deal on a shiny nee ferrari and then not being able to pay for it. The deal was bewteen the ferrari dealer, the bank, and myself. But, when when I file bankruptcy, the bank wants their money so they get the court to say CACop and BruceV are responsible for the money owed on the ferrari but I get to keep the ferrari.

12. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

I have a deferred compensation account that has all the money in a fixed account (perfect for us retired folks) that has never paid below 3.5% annual interest. That's VERY good in today's economy.

13. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

You a 200% certified nut ball that should have participated in the Bolshevik Revolution, Komrad.

You are even smart enough to figure out then EVERYONE in the company would be liable. Anyone who is a "supervisor" or a "lead" are "employers".

But look at the bright side, you make Eurodriver look intelligent.

14. GAFinch

GAFinch

I suppose this also applies to SS and Medicare, whose funds have also been raided for welfare spending for decades? See why budget solutions become so difficult to enact? This fiscal irresponsibility is unfair but if every program is kept in place with no reforms, then the resulting massive tax increases lower your pay during the years that you're raising kids and paying off a mortgage, so that's not exactly desirable either.

15. Brucev

Brucev

If those elected are owned/operated by corporations... well, your a smart boy. You know the answer.

Simply put... when the law is just a cloak for wrong, ignore it and do what is right. And if that chaffs the rear of tax payers who have to pay up, tough. They have no one to blame but themselves.

16. Brucev

Brucev

Are you kidding about exemption from paying tax? Then welcome to the right side! Start with the corporations and the wealth who have parked trillions of dollars overseas and in the little islands south of the U.S. to avoid paying their taxes! Start with them... then you'll have so basis to talk about taxing. Until then, you and your type whining about the 47% are just blowing in the wind.

17. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I will let you in on a little secret...well not so much of a secret....my banking is done through a Swiss bank...

so yeah. I want that 46% to pay their taxes.

The money that is not in the USA was NOT EARNED IN THE USA. It is not the peoples money. If I have $20 in my pocket I dont have to spend it. I can "park" my money if I want.

Its my money.

I cant even believe I am responding to such a fool. I wish you worked for me. I would fire you on principal.

18. Brucev

Brucev

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Brucev and liberal progressives like him, they just love TAX

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You know corporations don't pay taxes right? Consumers do.

Why should us consumers pay taxes for business transacted in a foreign country?