FEDEX You have lost my business...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by inthefrey, Dec 20, 2019.

1. flyover

flyover

Of the damaged shipments that I have received, that had insurance, FedEx and UPS have all paid off when the shipment was damaged. The worst was a lever gun shipped via USPS. It had insurance but the Post Office claimed that it was not responsible for the damage. I had a postal employee tell me that he did not know of one instance that the P.O. paid on a claim.

2. pstmstr

pstmstr

Don’t know the circumstances of that claim but I helped process several when I was a Postmaster. If the person could provide proof of value and insurance receipt, all that I know about were paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. flyover

flyover

We had proof of everything, we run the claim from local all the way up to an office in DC, four separate appeals as I recall. They just kept passing the buck.

4. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

The postal person said it went missing inside a.postal sorting building .. locked up tight.. stolen by a postal employee was what they said.. it had basic 50 dollars of insurance once i go thru all the forms and insurance papers from the postal system. Package traced there then no more scans.. went thru a complete system search.. some postal employee stole my dads christmas sausage.. thanks .. and no concern or follow up.. what a system run by idiots. Why have all the tracking so someone can just steal it inside the building.

5. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Arrogant .. it still took me time to buy and wrap a gift.. and paid to ship it. Then it goes away into a postal building and 6 weeks later they ask stupidly do i want them to look for it?? Yes idiots look.. they came back with no apology.. stolen by an employee was what they said.. left it for me to file all the claims and file the reciepts and try to get my money back i paid for postage.. hours and hours wasted. Postal system full of thieves.

6. pstmstr

pstmstr

The Postal Service isn’t full of thieves. There is occasional internal theft and I have seen some employees get arrested before. The Postal Inspection Service
    Is pretty good at setting up bait for suspected thieves. To make such a blanket accusation is almost as sad as your writing skills. As with any company, there are some bad apples.

faceplant and SleeperSS like this.
  7. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

I've worked many times with postal inspectors and they are first rate.

8. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

9. pstmstr

pstmstr

Is that a selfie?

10. Velvetfoot

Velvetfoot

You know who it is.