FedEx tracking Rant

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by kiole, Feb 10, 2010.

1. kiole

kiole

I ordered something from California and got tracking from FedEx. Why is that they can't actually track the package? USPS tracks pretty much every place it stops, while FedEx updates me when it leaves, and arrives, or if it catches on fire somewhere inbetween.

It's been apparently sitting in Bloomington, CA for 5-6 days? I know it's somewhere else but geez you'd think they could update the package at least every 2 days so i actually know if my 500$ packge is coming or in a river somewhere on the side of the road.

2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

What?

USPS tracks nothing, except when it is delivered. Fed Ex and UPS give updates as to where the package is, unless you shipped it via the cheapest manner of ground available (akin to cargo).

'Drew

3. kiole

kiole

well my package must be on a greyhound, cause it sure isn't being tracked.

4. trifecta

trifecta

I like tracking my UPS stuff around the country when I am expecting something new to arrive.

5. crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio 15 or 30?

6. TangoUniform

TangoUniform

If that's the last place it was scanned, you need to call the 800 number and ask them about it.

All kinds of things can happen to packages... it might have been scanned and then, somehow, fallen behind something in Bloomington and is still "hiding" from employees. It's not a FedEx-specific problem but a simple "package delivery" issue that all package delivery companies can experience.

7. Swerved

Swerved Not panicking

That's not a rant.. THIS is a rant:

Confirmed, USPS is the worst ever, here's why..

I ordered a jacket last February for a trip I was taking up to New York... Ordered it 2 weeks before the trip and it was supposed to get to me a week before the trip. A week goes by, no jacket. Trip comes around, still no jacket. Tracking only showed that it had been picked up, nothing else. I called my local Post Office to see what the deal was, and they said it was delivered. I checked with my apt manager, neighbors, etc.. nothing. No notice from the delivery person or anything. Called the post office back, they said it had been delivered and the person that delivered it hadn't showed up for work in a few days so they had no way to confirm. Said they looked all over the branch office for it. At this point I figured they'd left it at my apt door and it was stolen.

Went on the trip, froze my twig and berries off. Got home, called the post office one last time and the answer was "Oh yeah, we've had this box sitting here waiting on you to come pick it up for 2 weeks now"... I go over there to get it, and they couldn't find it and weren't interested in looking. They acted like it was my fault for even asking them about it. Finally after fighting with the manager over it for an hour he agrees to look for it and found it.. literally 3 feet from where he was standing at the counter. A week after I picked it up, their tracking finally updated to "delivered".

Yeah, the .gov does wonders at running things..

[/end rant]

Anyway, sorry about your package, FedEx is usually pretty reliable in my dealings with them. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out for you.

8. dakota359

dakota359

I recently was tracking a FedEx package on their website it said it was in California. About an hour later the doorbell rang and the package was sitting there. I'm on the opposite side of the country. I hate FedEx

9. Swerved

Swerved Not panicking

Because they got it to you before you expected it?? :tongueout:

10. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I love Fed Ex and I agree with Drew. Unless you are on the lowest tier of ground shipping which is a company bought by Fed Ex they will know where your package is at all times. Fed Ex Express was the original overnight company and I send a nasty response to a court in Richmond by Fed Ex because I had not received proposed correspondence from the opposing side and my secretary sent the wrong material out. I needed the material back or my *** would have gotten chewed out by a big fish.:rofl: Well, I called Fed Ex and they asked me if I wanted the package destroyed. I said yes and they destroyed it and saved my butt. Then they came right over and picked up the right material and had it there the next morning. Thank God for Fed Ex.:supergrin:

I hope you realize that the cheapest way to get actual Fed Ex is to use the Postal Service Express and Priority because that is actually carried by Fed Ex. Your shipping party probably used the cheapest method. It happens. Good luck.

11. ThePhoneGuy

ThePhoneGuy

I like the packages that the site says 'delivered' and 20 min later ther is a clunk at the door and there it is.

12. hamburger

hamburger

USPS has bumped up their game big time. I just ordered/received something from them and I was given the play-by-play.

From CO to NV, there were about 6 listings as to where my package were.

I think the 500 rounds of ammo that i'm waiting on is being shipped UPS ground. Nowhere nearly as much detailed info.

My 2 cents

13. maynardwix

maynardwix Notre Dame Fan!

I have checked the tracking on some things I have ordered from FedEx, and when it gets posted that it was picked up and left said destination, it is at my door next day. That has happened a couple times now, don't understand how their tracking system works, but if your having a problem, you should call and let them know whats going on.

14. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

The post office supposedly has been using a new tracking system that gives you near real time tracking status. I haven't ordered or shipped anything lately, so I can't tell how accurate that information is, but it was supposedly put in place a few months ago.

15. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I ordered CR123 batteries from Batteryjunction.com two weeks ago, and it was the same (old) system.

I think subliminally, you're trying to get me to order more batteries...

'Drew

16. David N.

David N.

They're going to have to bump it up a lot more before I'll pick them over UPS or Fedex. Two to three weeks before Christmas, I ordered a gift that shipped out of Indiana, coming to Kentucky. Nearly a week after it left, the package made it to Ohio. From there, it went to Pennsylvania and on to New Jersey. Evidently, it was there that they realized Kentucky was not overseas, and tried again. It went back to Ohio, then into Kentucky and to me, after Christmas. I found the envelope, torn in at least six places, in a plastic bag helping to hold in the contents. On the bag was printed their apology, stating that they were sorry, but that, due to the methods needed to ensure fast shipments, sometimes that happened.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  17. FedexLina

FedexLina

Hello, This is Fedex Lina. Let me offer my sincerest apology for the confusion on tracking packages on our website. We would be happy to provide additional assistance on the status of your packages. Our helpful customer service phone number is 1 800 463 3339. Have a wonderful week!

18. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

I ordered a new PC from DELL about 10 days ago. It shipped in three separate shipments - 2 FEDEX and 1 UPS. I requested that the orders be shipped to a nearby (50 miles) UPS store.

For some reason, DELL shipped them to the PO box of my credit card (billing address). Well, FEDEX and UPS will not deliver to a PO box. They did ship them to the city where I work - but it's over 200 miles from home. I didn't want to drive nearly 450 miles to pick that stuff up. That's why I had it shipped to the UPS store.

Well, tracking the stuff has been a real event. UPS tracking indicates the monitor was delivered to someplace in Lebanon TN (yesterday). The local UPS store called me yesterday to say they have it.

FEDEX said some speakers were also delivered to the same UPS store yesterday - the UPS store says they don't have them.

FEDEX also said they have the processor in their warehouse in MPLS - I said I'm heading to St. Paul tomorrow. Then the FEDEX lady said there's no name on the shipment, so FEDEX can't turn it over to me. They'll have to return it to DELL.

What a hoot. They had my work and cell numbers. DELL should have not let anything ship to a PO box - just call me and ask where to ship.

I'm in no hurry - but it's interesting to see how this progresses.

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

How's that for freakin' service!

Yet we have several government agencies monitoring GT and I doubt the postal service will chime in.:tongueout: