Federal XM9001 or 9BPLE

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Armedleprechaun, Aug 3, 2019.

1. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers 9mm, putting in work since 1902 !

The FBI penetration & expansion data is a damn good basis to go off of,:cheers: but on occasion,,, and very slim occasion there are a couple of loads that seem to give the folks that look at the data heartburn and this and it's competitors load the RA115HP+ Winchester load will do that.

I have, in the pistol on my hip, 147gr +P HST's and I have the 124gr +P HST's in 2 more 9mm's but in my kitchen is a 9mm with 9BPLE in it.

I don't believe in "Hydro Static Shock" in Duty pistols, I don't believe in "Energy Dump" in Duty Pistols, nor do I believe in Magic, so we can get that outta the way. :p I do believe what the LOE's,,, that have dumped a truck load of "Bad Dude's" with this and the Winchester Load say about it, and that is it work's, and works well.

There only about 3 115gr 9mm I would trust my life with and these are 2 of em , the Speer 115gr Gold Dot +P+ load is the 3rd. I haven't had the chance to really test the Underwood 115gr +P+ load with the Nosler bullets yet so I cant say yay or nay about those other than in my pistols there accurate and reliable.:cool:

Bullets are very low on my list of things I worry over. I like talking about them, I like testing them myself and my friends and myself have done quite a bit of that also. I worry about reliability, accuracy, penetration, and expansion in that order.

There are better loads than the 9bple nowadays, but people haven't evolved over the past 20 to 25 years since this WAS THE 9MM load that got it done whenever no one wanted a 9mm as a Duty or Self Defense pistol.

I like them cause I can still get a case of 1,000 for $319 to $359 the Glocks of mine LOVE them and I can take a decent cartridge to training classes.

Yes I am weird,:confused: I am also not to hardheaded to see if I am making mistakes tho, so if anyone can lead me to where the 9bple totally failed on a % more than what is "Normal" in a self defense or LEO shooting's I would unload my "Kitchen" Glock and shoot up about 12,000 rounds of Stash ammo. :D

Edited : When I said bullets were low on my list of things I worry about, it is not that I don't or haven't put any thought into what I will carry, it is I put these first.

Training, dry fire practice, reps. from concealment, and I am gonna throw this out hear,,, JUST PLAIN DAMN FUN SHOOTING! are on my list with or above the bullet's, if it goes 12 inches or more I am good with giving it a try. I figure I have to be able to put the bullets where they need to be accurate & fast before they, the bullet itself can do it's thing and if I send one there gonna be some friends flowing it close behind.;)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    muzzleblast... and happyguy like this.
  2. kernal_panic

kernal_panic

and yet according to FBIs jello shots, its a failure.

but then again the 115 grn silver tip the fbi scape goated for their utter failure at training and equipping agents in the 86 miami shootout......passes.

happyguy likes this.

3. kernal_panic

kernal_panic

9 bple is cheap and proven to be effective. its like asprin. everyone wants to reach for that exedrin, but good ol cheap asprin works.

but no one makes any money selling it to you.

9 bple is 30 cents a round but federal is telling you the HST is the way to go but won't sell it to you in a 50 round box and the 20 round box is as much as the 50 round box of 9bple.

9bple is $295 a case at luckygunner
    124 grn hst is $800.

FOLLOW THE MONEY.

AdamRodgers and happyguy like this.
  4. AdamRodgers

Yup, and it really runs good in a Glock, M&P, and Styiers as well as 1911 style pistols :cheers:

5. unit1069

unit1069

The last time I purchased 9mm HST through an Internet dealer it was $21 box of 50. The 50-round boxes of JHP are available in just about every Big Ammo selection.

I see now that HST has doubled since then but here's an excellent self-defense ammo at the same price as 9BPLE.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/rem...s-jacketed-hollow-point-gs9mmdb-p-109178.aspx

6. AdamRodgers

Cool!!! Thanks, I actually like the Golden Sabor also. The 9BPLE its Winchester sister load and the 115 +p+ Gold Dot as Speer loads hold a special place in my time shooting.

They have produced some extraordinary accuracy outta my pistols and worked pretty good on some Wild Hogs. Plus I remember Dad carrying his High Power loaded with 9BPLE when everyone was calling the 9mm a POS it never stopped Pops. He always told me, it matters more where you put the bullet, but this was back in the 80's

I have a good stash of HST and heavier Gold Dots tho and there what I carry 85% of the time, there a very good Self Defense bullet. :cheers:

7. unit1069

unit1069

I have a good stash of JHP self-defense ammo and the Golden Saber has somehow become the round I load in my second magazine, whatever pistol I happen to carry. The HST is loaded in the pistols.

I've been wondering but always forget to ask so perhaps you or other GT members can answer. The Golden Saber has always been accurate and I've wondered if the slanted skivvies on the bullet might aid in accuracy. All other premium JHP ammos I have feature straight skivvies cut into the jacket.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  8. AdamRodgers

Anything is possible, I do know the driving band on the back of the Golden Sabor seams to get it squared up in the bore good.

I do believe the slanted skives help with how well it tends to expand, every one I have been lucky to find in a hog has looked like it could be put in a magazine add, well as long as it didn't smack into a bone.

9. kernal_panic

kernal_panic

i have yet to see a single golden sabre fail to perform on Paul Harrells meat target. the one shooting i know of with it, was a glock 27 165 grn GS, he fired 4 rounds, got 3 hits, bad guy got about 20 feet and that was it, he went down and went to the hospital. guy posted about on arfcom probably 12 years ago?

AdamRodgers likes this.