Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored some locally from an individual. I haven’t loaded these brands. Anything special to be aware of? Thx

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Good to go. I like Federal primers and snap them up when I can, just never see them for a good price. Locally I always seem to find Winchester SPP's discounted at gun shows and rather like them. Seat nice, always go bang.
Never had a problem with Remington either, but haven't used them in years. Again, they never show up at a discount.
For LPP's, I bought 10K of S&B for a steal a few years ago. Don't shoot much with LPP's and still have 6K.. along with 4K CCI's.

·
DFC, MSM, 12 Air Medals.
10,190 Posts
Don’t use the Federals in a LM. Good thing I was wearing safety glasses. Federals are easy to set off if you get carried away. But it's what I use in a 650 and before a 550. Remington I have not used but it's what is recommended in a LM so they are not as easy to set off.as Federal. So if i'm going to load on the LM I size and prime on the 650 then load on the LM. I size and prime around one to two thousand at a time then set aside.. So no big deal..

·
Registered
455 Posts
Never used Federals except their Large Rifle Magnum Fed 215's. Mainly because they were never carried locally. Remington 2 1/2 LP are great primers but they are a little warmer than CCI 300's. The RP 2 1/2's most always show a little more velocity than CCI 300's so just careful if you're shooting max loads with other primers. They also show equal or slightly more velocity than Win LP in my 45 ACP loads. Just my tests with my powders and pistols.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Remington 2 1/2 (LP) primers are good-to-go!

They feed pretty nicely in my press. Use with confidence.

I scored Rem LP primers right before all this chaos at an awesome sale at Sportsman's Warehouse. $18.99/thou. Oh how things change quickly!

·
Registered
36,307 Posts
I like them all but Tula/Wolf, though I know guys that swear by Wolf in precision rifle.

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
I have used thousands of Federal in SP, LP, and LR without any problems.

A local shop stocks Federal primers and they have always been my go to for my Garand loads.

I have never used a single Remington primer, except for blackpowder #10 caps.

I never see them for a decent price online and my local shop doesn’t stock them. I use Federal and Winchester almost exclusively. Occasionally CCI. Never had any problems with any of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts