Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you shotgunners aware of this? Looks interesting & a little expensive too..

I enjoy Turkey hunting. My last bird was nearly 28 pounds and was taken at 44 yards.

Shotgun was a Remington 11/87 Supermag.
3 1/2" shell. Copper plated 5 shot. Winchester.

The aforementioned turkey looked much closer than the 44 yards as measured. I did not recall the brutal recoil of the 3 1/2" shell..

I've been shooting more Federal lately along with Hornady. I like them both.
I intend to try some of these new Federal offerings..

Technology Games

https://www.range365.com/new-turkey-shells-from-federal-premium

Very interesting and fairly comprehensive article.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah. I'm already in the mood for some spring gobbler hunting. I caught wind of this ammo a couple of weeks ago,but this is the most info I've seen on it. Thanks.

Might have to save some pennies and give it a go. I've heard some good things about TSS, but I've never tried it myself.

·
Registered
8,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. I'm already in the mood for some spring gobbler hunting. I caught wind of this ammo a couple of weeks ago,but this is the most info I've seen on it. Thanks.

Might have to save some pennies and give it a go. I've heard some good things about TSS, but I've never tried it myself.
I know! I'm ready. I love Spring Turkey. Above everything. I've hunted Montana for Elk, Alberta for Whitetail and have taken lot's of big game.

But I love Turkey the most. Right here at home..
Talking turkey is a blast.

·
Banned
4,670 Posts
I'll be looking for them. I use Winchester Long Beard #4 3.5" and at 50 yards I get a great pattern using a Jelly Head.

Last year wasn't a good time for me with the Afib going but this year i hope to get after them pretty hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.