Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Federal has a new ammo out in various calibers called Punch.Besides the on-line reading,does anyone have any real info on this ammo?Specifically on Glock?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am still curious if anyone has any experience with this ammo out of a Glock? I thought I would try one last time for info.Thanks.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,639 Posts
Just so you don't feel ignored I will say that, I have never heard of it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My carry ammo is HST 124+P and I was curious if this was a new/improved ammo.Probably like detergents are always new,but you never know.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
The skiving looks new, 124 grain doing 1,100 fps is the sweet spot for 9 mm. I like Federal because the brass is great to reload.
In a standard pressure round I believe a 124-grain bullet at 1100 fps would be underpowered unless a new bullet design compensated for the lack of velocity. I think a 1200 fps standard pressure round in that bullet weight would be a big winner for 9mm caliber.

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
Sounds a bit of advertizng hype. How is it better or diff than HST?

·
Registered
36,277 Posts
The skiving looks new, 124 grain doing 1,100 fps is the sweet spot for 9 mm. I like Federal because the brass is great to reload.
I thnk 1200fps is but that is why we have +p.

Reactions: Borg Warner

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With 16 posts on my question,I am going to guess that no one has fired/seen this round.I was just curious and hoped someone had real input on the Punch ammo.Thanks for responding.Maybe in the future someone will try a box.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Though there seems to be a lack of info about it, the "personal defense" pitch might suggest it's not optimized for various kinds of barrier penetration, like the HST is for law enforcement use. Sort of like Hornady Critical Defense vs Critical Duty.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
In a standard pressure round I believe a 124-grain bullet at 1100 fps would be underpowered unless a new bullet design compensated for the lack of velocity. I think a 1200 fps standard pressure round in that bullet weight would be a big winner for 9mm caliber.
Well 115 gr 9mm is about 1140 FPS, so a 124 GR at 1100 FPS is doing pretty good. You do have a choice to use the +P ammo.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
Well 115 gr 9mm is about 1140 FPS, so a 124 GR at 1100 FPS is doing pretty good. You do have a choice to use the +P ammo.
At the moment I'm carrying 124-grain HST in my Shield and the +P version in the Steyr S9-A1. The Steyr needs the extra pressure ammo to reliably cycle the slide and don't think I'll need the Shield to cover anything over 25 yards.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts