1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,057 Posts
I'd guess it's because the guards have a choice of going somewhere else. The inmates making ten cents an hour don't have that choice.

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
I'd guess it's because the guards have a choice of going somewhere else. The inmates making ten cents an hour don't have that choice.
I doubt that there are any guards there. Guards watch over something of value.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
That's just political patronage. You've gotta take care of your core constituency.

·
No Longer Fenced In
11,133 Posts
That's just political patronage. You've gotta take care of your core constituency.
There it is. And yes, this is Bureau-wide, as far as I know.

AZ Husker, really? So we have the money to pay the inmates, for a half-ass job cleaning a part of a housing unit, but not to pay staff that put their life on the line in there? BS.

·
No Infidels!
8,794 Posts
You're always so pleasant and upbeat. If I'm reading the subtlety correctly, they have no room to ***** because they chose to be employed by the federal government, clearly knowing full well that there would be a shutdown and of course the ridiculous abundance of similar paying jobs requiring the same qualifications (or less) in exactly the same areas as the federal prisons.

·
Federal Member
29,746 Posts
Same B.S. here at FCC Beaumont.

:steamed:

There are no "guards" in the Bureau of Prisons. Guards work at the Mall. They watch over things that have value.

All we have are inmates......

·
No Longer Fenced In
11,133 Posts
You're always so pleasant and upbeat. If I'm reading the subtlety correctly, they have no room to ***** because they chose to be employed by the federal government, clearly knowing full well that there would be a shutdown and of course the ridiculous abundance of similar paying jobs requiring the same qualifications (or less) in exactly the same areas as the federal prisons.

:goodpost:

Same B.S. here at FCC Beaumont.

:steamed:

There are no "guards" in the Bureau of Prisons. Guards work at the Mall. They watch over things that have value.

All we have are inmates......
:goodpost:

·
GTDS Member #49
10,104 Posts
What else would you expect from liberals.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
There it is. And yes, this is Bureau-wide, as far as I know.

AZ Husker, really? So we have the money to pay the inmates, for a half-ass job cleaning a part of a housing unit, but not to pay staff that put their life on the line in there? BS.
This is what happens when the government gets shut down. The government works on a year to year budget, and the guards' pay comes from the government. When the government doesn't have a budget, they don't have the money to spend. It's entirely possible the inmate pay is coming from somewhere else, and there is money to pay them.

Trying to take money from the inmates pay to pay the guards would be like me taking your money to pay my bodyguard. It doesn't work that way.

Do you know where the inmates get their money from, or are you just assuming it comes directly from the government?

Might it be possible inmate pay comes from a separate fund that has money stashed away in it that will last a while, while the guard pay comes from a fund that doesn't have money stashed away in it, and it can't get refilled until the government knows how much money they can spend?

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
All this 'guard' talk reminds me of a story our friend DEATHROW told me years ago about an old, seasoned Sergeant who drew his baton, beat an inmate DOWN who just called him 'Guard', and then politely informed the inmate that the proper title is 'CO'. :whistling:

So sad that I missed those times.

·
NRA Life Member
997 Posts
STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

Just another attempt to hype the situation and mislead. Inmates get paid once a month. That time has not come since the "shutdown" started. So NO, the inmates have not yet gotten paid while the "guards" have not. Furthermore, inmates are not paid from the institution's S&E account. Their pay comes from other non-appropriated sources.

Stop with the false information posted with the intent to inflame.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Elections have consequences.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts