Federal Judge shoots down FAA on fine against drone operation

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by gommer, Mar 7, 2014.

1. gommer

gommer

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/0...e-against-small-drone-user/?intcmp=latestnews

There's a lot of drone hobbyists on GT and quite a few discussions have come up about them lately. I found this ruling to be really interesting.

No doubt the FAA will appeal or seek to enact new regulations.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. Left to stand, this ruling could really leave drones open to do as they wish.

I wouldn't even be shocked in the Obama administration wanted this -- as he seems to be very pro-drone and this might open the doors to drone operations over U.S. soil without a lot of hoopla.

Not real sure how I feel about that but I'd say we're going to have to figure that one out over the next decade or two.

2. RenoF250

RenoF250

What was their problem with him flying the drone? It does not say. Did the school complain?

The weight limit does not seem like a great idea, a 2 pound drone could cause some problem if it hit an aircraft. I would think it would make more sense to say drones are unrestricted under 300' and at least a mile away from airports or something similar.