Federal judge says Trump must fully restore DACA

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Deltic, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Deltic

Deltic

It seems to me this judge is just making stuff up instead of interpreting the law. If DACA is just comrade zeros policy instead of law President Trumps policy has more weight as he is the current president. If this jackass judge wants to make federal law he should run for congress. Am I missing something?

"A federal judge ruled Friday that the Trump administration must fully restore the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
    In his 25-page opinion, Judge John Bates said the Trump White House had again failed to provide justification for its proposal to end the Obama-era program, under which nearly 800,000 people brought to the country illegally as children, known as "Dreamers," have received work permits and deferral from deportation."...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...fully-restore-daca/ar-BBLsYXG?ocid=spartandhp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Childhood_Arrivals
    "DACA was formally initiated by a policy memorandum sent from Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano to the heads of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The memo formally directed them to exercise their enforcement discretion on behalf of individuals who met the requirements."...

Fred Hansen, robhic and happyguy like this.
  2. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

He or she will lose on appeal.

ClydeG19, Fred Hansen, CAcop and 4 others like this.

3. VCoupe376ci

VCoupe376ci

Sounds like that judge shouldn't be a judge since he clearly doesn't understand what his job is. The only justification Trump should need is that he is restoring the rule of law as it is currently written.

4. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

This partisan leftist judge should be assigned to hear parking and library fine appeals for the rest of his short miserable time on the bench.

5. Deltic

Deltic

You trust him that much? I wouldn't let him be a judge at a pie eating contest.

6. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Just another leftist showing his true nature.

7. pgg00

pgg00

I don't see how this program was legal to implement in the first place. How can the judge keep in place something that was never made law?

8. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Could the judge order POTUS to enact DACA? Of course not; it was a totally discretionary choice of priorities by BO. Then it's also impossible that the judge has the authority to order DT to set his wholly discretionary choices in a particular manner.

I don't know all the ins and outs, but if some guy from another agency (separate but equal, you know) ordered me to use my discretion in a certain way, I wouldn't appeal. I'd tell him to pound sand, cuz he's not the boss of me.

9. Jammersix

Jammersix

President Trump lost another one.

10. "Doc" Cavalry

"Doc" Cavalry MAJ (USA Ret.)

This is a delay. An unlawful delay. This judge should be impeached.

Right after the mid-term election, Trump should claim executive privilege. In cases where a lower court is clearly interfering in his enumerated powers, he should not follow the order, but simply take it under advisement and elevate the case directly to the Supreme Court. Only if the SCOTUS upholds the lower court order, should Trump give it a second thought.

Fred Hansen, spork, robhic and 8 others like this.
  11. steve4102

steve4102

Would failure to abide by a Federal Court Ruling be an impeachable offence?

12. "Doc" Cavalry

Not a lower court. Separate but equal. A lower court is not equal, it is a subordinate to the Supreme Court, and only the Supreme Court has the power to order an equal to not follow what is clearly his responsibility as enumerated in the constitution.

We also need to impeach and disbar all of these activist judges. There has to be some repercussions for violating the letter and spirit of our constitution.

13. Schrag4

Schrag4

Didn’t Obama say at the time that doing it by executive order was the wrong way to go about it?

14. Grumpy_old_man

Grumpy_old_man

Its all part of how the progressive/commies took over much of the US gov't from the inside. When the leftist scum control a part of the gov't they enhance its power with ruthless and immoral power grabs - like what this "judge" just did. But if the commies lose a part of gov't, then they attack the parts of gov't that real Americans control, like what happened on the transition from Comrade Obama to POTUS Trump. Obama was POTUS so he got to just make up "laws" as he went along, with memoranda, like any Politbureau head in the CCCP. But when he was replaced by an actual American POTUS then the new guy isn't being allowed to undo the unconstitutional and immoral acts of the tyrant that preceded him.

I get a kick out of every time someone talks about whether or not there will be another civil war, since the commie scum have been at war with America since the '50's when pro-Soviet types were infiltrating gov't, education, and media. By now they have near total control of legacy media and education and pretty much run the Deep State with their only fear being that real Americans will figure out what happened and give 'em the boot. That's why there is so much "Russia angst" in the Deep State - the Russians kicked out the commies and went back to a Czar, Russia's traditional governance. That has to really burn a true believer commie/progressive, and makes the Kremlin the A Numbah' One Enemy, since what progressives are really afraid of is that we will follow the Russian example, kick out the commies, and return to traditional American governance....

Grumpy
    PS I also get a kick when the commies point out that their fellow traveler Obama was a "Constitutional Scholar". Obama studied the COTUS the way a demolition engineer studies a bridge....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  15. steve4102

steve4102

So can President Trump simply tell this Judge to Pound Sand without legal and/or Political repercussions?

16. "Doc" Cavalry

Appeal directly to the co-equal branch of government (SCOTUS), and state that you will take the lower court's advice in consideration, but only the SCOTUS or CONGRESS can order a president to stop using his COTUS enumerated powers.

17. Bcw7101

Bcw7101

Show justification.... we don’t want it no more. Nuff said.

Johnix and Fred Hansen like this.
  18. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

The Constitution made the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches separate, but NOT equal. The Legislative was created the most responsive to representational vote and thus the most powerful (gave the people best recourse), the Executive second (in both) and the Judicial the least in both power and control (via vote) by the people.

Fred Hansen, F14A and "Doc" Cavalry like this.
  19. "Doc" Cavalry

I stand corrected. The courts are lower on the totem pole.

Take to the SCOTUS or pound it up their ______.

20. Kablam

Kablam

Going to the Supreme Court now would likely not help. The court is evenly split, would decided 4-4, and the lower court decision would stand, I think?