Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just purchased five boxes of Federal HST 124 gr +p ammo from a supplier. The package arrived fine and the boxes look good.

However, I noticed that lots of the nickel cartridge cases have scratches in them-- I mean a lot of them. It's almost as if they were used or something.

The stamps on the end seem ok.

I've never seen this before, but then this is my first purchase of Federal HST.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Should I be concerned?

· Registered
11,722 Posts
Hi, I just purchased five boxes of Federal HST 124 gr +p ammo from a supplier. The package arrived fine and the boxes look good.

However, I noticed that lots of the nickel cartridge cases have scratches in them-- I mean a lot of them. It's almost as if they were used or something.

The stamps on the end seem ok.

I've never seen this before, but then this is my first purchase of Federal HST.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Should I be concerned?
Send the entire purchase to me and I'll look into this for you. I'll even accept one box if that makes it easier for you.

Seriously, I've been scrounging around on the Internet looking for this exact round and would be happy to locate a supply. I have a good supply of standard pressure 124-grain HST for one CCW 9mm pistol but prefer the +P version for a second CCW pistol I have.

Personally, I wouldn't be worried about scratches on the cases unless I had bought the ammo at a gun show instead of a reputable ammo dealer.

· Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Send the entire purchase to me and I'll look into this for you. I'll even accept one box if that makes it easier for you.

Seriously, I've been scrounging around on the Internet looking for this exact round and would be happy to locate a supply. I have a good supply of standard pressure 124-grain HST for one CCW 9mm pistol but prefer the +P version for a second CCW pistol I have.

Personally, I wouldn't be worried about scratches on the cases unless I had bought the ammo at a gun show instead of a reputable ammo dealer.
I found it through ammoseek.com.

· Registered
19 Posts
I found it through ammoseek.com.
Ammoseek is just an engine, like Google. Where did you buy it from? I like ammunitiondepot.com and laxammo.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.