close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Federal 9mm?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by rickbaales, Apr 7, 2010.

1. rickbaales

rickbaales

Anyone ever target shoot with this stuff? It's not american eagle. Any good? Wally world had 50rnd boxes for $9.47/box 50. $12/box 50 .45 acp. I bought a couple of boxes each.

2. oldnoob

oldnoob

They seem to be the best in price for now. I shot few boxes of those and can't tell any different from WWB or Blaser Brass.

BTW, you sure you get the .45 price right? My wm charge $15.97 if I can find them.

3. I_Win40

I_Win40

I shoot them all the time. Don't see any difference between WWB or any other target ammo.

4. rickbaales

rickbaales

yessir $12/box 50. That being said, I have noticed different prices for the same ammo at different walmarts.

5. oldnoob

oldnoob

In so Cal, sometime I would see the difference in $.50 (9mm for 9.47 or 9.97) but never see it go over a dollar. If you can find any pistol ammo in wal mart, go crazy.

6. slowr1der

slowr1der

Yep I like this stuff too. It's the best I've found for the price. I can't tell a difference between this and WWB either. They both shoot well for me and are both two of the cheapest options I've seen. The Federal is slightly cheaper though and I like how it comes in a case that holds each round instead of just a bulk box stuffed full. So I prefer the Federal. Both work well though.

7. tinman517

tinman517

When available at WM, I get the same 9mm for range ammo. I usually buy the 6 box limit, if they have it.

That's a good price for the 45acp. I pay some $13.50 for a box of Federal S&W .40 at WM.

The shoots just find. I have never had any issues with the WM Federal stuff.

8. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

I shoot it sometimes. Never had a problem.

9. CBennett

CBennett

I love it and if you can still say this about ammo...its CHEAP lol.

10. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Never had an issue with the 9mm or .40.

Very similar to Blazer Brass in all aspects.

11. Tony Rumore

Tony Rumore

9mm Federal was a rimmed version of the standard 9mm Luger, chambered in the Charter Arms Pit Bull revolver from 1989-1991. :whistling:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  12. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Federal and Blazer is owned by the same company now, and I understand that the Champion line is a replacement for the blazer brass line.

13. Ugly_Jerry

Ugly_Jerry

I use it sometimes when it's in stock at Walmart. It works fine and I've never had problems with it, in fact I bought 4 boxes of it yesterday. $9.47 a box is too tempting to turn down :)

14. CBennett

CBennett

yup good price...I got another good deal yesterday at walmart one of the 100 round 9mmHP Remington UMC packs for $25..it was only $2 more than the WWB FMJ which was $23 for 100 rounds and actually cheaper than 2 boxes of Remington UMC FMJ at $13 a box lol...may as well stock up on and or shoot hollow points for that difference.

15. mangkukhan

mangkukhan

Federal is good quality ammo, they are owned by Winchester and so is American Eagle along with 85% of the rest of the ammunition industry. Federal is usually considered to be a top tier brand of ammo better know for their defensive line of hydrashoks. Until recent months I'd never even heard of Federal having FMJ ammunition, this is probably just American Eagle boxed and tagged as Federal to sell off the name. Regardless it's all winchester/Olin products who provide the majority of walmarts ammo so it's all the same stuff.

16. JBP55

JBP55

ATK is the parent company of CCI, Federal and Speer ammunition. Winchester is a separate company and does not own Federal. Remington is not owned by any of the above.

17. cmcinc

cmcinc

Shot plenty of it...no probs.

18. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

American Eagle was Federal's discount brand, so regular Federal should be at least as good.

19. Flipz

Flipz

Ive shot plenty of the Federal 9mm in the past 6 months or so and just picked up 6 more boxes from Walmart last night for $9.47 a box. I couldnt pass it up. It made more sense to buy the Federal 50 round boxes then the Win 100 round Value Packs, which were $23.

My local Wally World must have just been restocked in the last couple of days because they actually have a lot of ammo of all different calibers in stock. I have never seen them have so much ammo before. They have the Win Value Packs in .40 & 9mm, regular 50 round Win boxes, the Federal, RWS, and Win 9mm 50 round boxes, plenty of .308 and .223 ammo. They even had plenty of the Federal 550 round .22lr value packs that I barely ever see. I walked in and saw the case and thought I was in a dream. Just incase, pinch me!

20. mangkukhan

mangkukhan

My mistake, I had thought Federal was owned by Winchester, thus being under Olin's umbrella. Maybe what I'm thinking is Olin runs the plant that Federal is made, cause ATK may own the Lake City Arsenal but doesn't Olin manage and run it? My understanding was aside from UMC and a few small setups Olin has they're hands on about 85-90% of the ammo industry.