Glock Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://abcnews.go.com/US/call-onstar-helped-stop-kidnapping-federal-officer/story?id=33082066

Four teenagers were in custody Friday for allegedly carjacking and kidnapping a law enforcement officer who was on vacation in Florida.

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings called the suspects high school students "playing a dangerous game."

Demings announced the arrest of the first three suspects -- ages 18, 16 and 15 -- on Friday afternoon. The final suspect, an 18-year-old, was arrested Friday night.

They are facing charges of armed kidnapping, carjacking with a firearm and aggravated battery with a firearm, the sheriff's office said.

A federal law enforcement officer from Texas, who was on vacation with his family, was in a hotel parking lot in Orange County on Wednesday night, when four people forced him into his car at gunpoint, Demings said at a news conference, according to WFTV.

The victim, 44, was driven around for about 1 to 2 hours, Demings said. At least one suspect was armed, Demings said, and the victim was pistol-whipped.

The victim was also bound and restrained in the car, Demings said. The suspects took the victim's wallet, as well, Demings said

He's lucky to be alive.... Prayers sent.....

· Registered
115 Posts
the interview in the link makes me angry...."the teens....high school students...caught up ....playing a deadly game.....blahh blah"......no... animals being animals is hardly "poor kids caught up in a game".....violent criminals should be dealt with as such

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the interview in the link makes me angry...."the teens....high school students...caught up ....playing a deadly game.....blahh blah"......no... animals savages being animals savages is hardly "poor kids caught up in a game".....violent criminals should be dealt with as such
Fixed it for you....

· Registered
3,234 Posts
A lot of tourists think they are safe in Orlando but the city has a lot of crime. This happened right in the heart of I Drive which is one of the most heavily visited tourists areas. Glad I'm not in Orlando anymore.

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
5,073 Posts
It's getting rougher out there.

· Registered
29,859 Posts
Orlando is a high crime area. They hide it so as to not scare away the tourists.

Back in 2004, while living there, I almost got carjacked myself. A hood rat tried to approach me from behind. I saw he had a gun in his waistband. So I blew through the red light. An hour later I hear about a carjacking same intersection, woman was murdered. I block from my home.

Next day purchased my first Glock.

· Life is good
3,133 Posts
I am very grateful that my son decided to move (about 1 1/2 weeks ago) from Orlando. IMO, Orlando is becoming more dangerous with the influx of "riff raff" from other areas.

· Registered
29,859 Posts
It's always had lots of 'riff raff'. They know the tourists have $$$$$.

Orlando also has one of the highest crime indexes in the US. Higher than Detroit, even.

· Registered
5,073 Posts
Sounds like Anaheim, California.

· Retired Fed LEO. USMC late 1960s.
450 Posts
I totally agre. That's why i tell all of the Officers that work for me to always carry. Some are starting to appreciate that sentiment.

· Registered
2,634 Posts
Orlando is like the Bronx without snow. Unless this Fed is limited by policy as to what pistol is authorized for off duty carry, today's micro pistols and alloy J frames make carrying all the time pretty easy.

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

· Registered
5,073 Posts
HK P2000 is still doable in shorts & t-shirt.

· Retired Fed LEO. USMC late 1960s.
450 Posts
Totally agree about the HK. However DHS/CBP/BP officers aren't restricted regarding off duty carry. LEOSA applies if not carrying the HK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts