February 23 Q-Poll in Ohio has Trump winning 31 to 26 over Kasich

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by ChuteTheMall, Feb 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

31 Trump
    26 Kasich
    21 Cruz
    13 Rubio
    5 Carson

February 23, 2016 - Trump Tops Native Son Kasich Among Ohio Republicans, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Clinton Leads Sanders By 15 Points

Not even native son Gov. John Kasich can stop the Donald Trump steamroller as Kasich falls behind the Republican front-runner 31 - 26 percent among Ohio likely Republican primary voters, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas is at 21 percent with Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 13 percent and Dr. Ben Carson at 5 percent.

Five percent of Republicans remain undecided and 38 percent of those who name a candidate say they might change their mind before the March 15 primary.

"The Donald Trump train begins the three-week campaign for Ohio's crucial delegates on the right track and holds a small lead over the Buckeye State's own governor, John Kasich," said Peter A. Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

"A Kasich Ohio win is crucial to the Republicans trying to stop the New York businessman's nomination. If Trump can defeat Kasich in his home state, that would be an impressive demonstration of his strength in a state that is just now getting attention. But Trump's lead is just 5 points, certainly not large enough for him to breathe easy."

"Also impressive for Trump is that 78 percent of his supporters say their mind is made up, higher than supporters of other GOP candidates, especially Kasich. ....
    {snip}
    From February 16 - 20, Quinnipiac University surveyed 759 Ohio likely Republican primary voters with a margin of error of +/- 3.6 percentage points and 518 Ohio likely Democratic primary voters with a margin of error of +/- 4.3 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-...rsity-poll/ohio/release-detail?ReleaseID=2325

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  2. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Trump 31%, Not Trump 69%

ClydeG19 likes this.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

And yet Kasich (not to mention Rubio and Cruz) beat Hillary head-to-head but Trump is still losing to The Beast. In fact, Kasich has the widest margin.

4. ChuteTheMall

Only an ignorant moron Hillary-troll wouldn't know that Ohio is winner take all, with no need to get more than a plurality.

Just a plurality, then it's winner take all.

Cambo likes this.
  5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

ohio has carried obamas water the last to presidential elections, I doubt they will support someone like Trump whom hasn't been bought and paid or.

6. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Really, If Trump has a great Super Tuesday the odds of stopping him get much slimmer. I look for some "breaking story" to hit the airways about two days before to try to make his numbers come down enough to possibly pull a few of the states for Rubio.

7. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

I live in Ohio. Of the five still standing, Kasich would be my last choice.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  8. Redstate

Redstate

Hopefully this poll is accurate. If so, then Trump won't need kasich as VP to carry ohio.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  9. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Kasich and Carson need to gtfo and give Rubio and Cruz a chance to sort out who's the anti Trump. Maybe we'll see another one drop out after Nevada.

10. ChuteTheMall

Nope, both know they can't get any of the Nevada delegates.

I would like to see Kasich drop out before Ohio, but he really wants to be there.
    Carson is still learning, no reason to drop out and sit at home.

Beware the Ides of March.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  11. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Kasich and Carson may have their own reasons for staying in the race as long as possible. If nothing else the media exposure will ensure that they will be paid contributors to news networks in the future. I fully understand Carson staying in. He will have some role in Trump's administration should Trump win. Carson is a brilliant man and would make an excellent surgeon general or head of the V.A.

12. CAcop

CAcop

I think Kasich is hoping for a VP slot from Trump. Or anyone else.

I think Rubio and Cruz are still in it because they think they can win it and even if they don't it sets them up for 2020 if Trump goes down in flames in November.

13. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

The "punish the GOP" sentiment is at a peak. It is amazing, and enjoyable, to see the base finally decide to stick it to the traitors of the party we've chosen to represent us. This factor alone is why I won't write off Trump. So far, he's the only one willing to talk the talk and walk the walk when it comes to taking it to the enemy. Voters want a warrior, not another wimp.

robhic likes this.
  14. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

What I don't get is that EVERYBODY says how poor of a candidate Trump is, he can't win, he's this, he's not that, etc. (maybe wishful thinking?). But he keeps constantly winning! Mostly by double digit margins. For so many hating him and no one gonna vote for him, there sure seems like a LOT of "no one" voting him the lead in practically every primary. Where ARE the people not wanting Trump?