Debate Fear of Death

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Lone Wolf8634, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Police Marksman

Police Marksman

The Bible is the claim, not the evidence. What is your evidence that this even happened? Do you except the Koran as evidence that Mohamed was the prophet of God? Of course not because the Koran is the claim not the evidence. All holy books are claims of their religious believers.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    badge315 likes this.
  2. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

Jesus is my Savior and Lord. Santa brought me a lump of coal. I choose Jesus.

3. Police Marksman

Police Marksman

What did you do to get on the naughty list? LOL

4. Dave514

Dave514

Santa brought me a bike.

Ask Jesus to tell you what number I'm thinking of between 1 and 100.

5. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

That sounds like:

Luke 22:64-65 KJV
    [64] And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that smote thee? [65] And many other things blasphemously spake they against him.

6. Dave514

Dave514

And here I thought Jesus said....

1) And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

By the way.....it was 83.

7. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

Have you met the conditions for answered prayer?

8. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

As usual, you and too many others swing hard and miss the main point. "Righteous enough"? Really, how can you be so obtuse?

9. Dave514

Dave514

I wouldn't need to for you to tell me what number I'm thinking of. Have you been paying attention?

10. Dave514

Dave514

Yeah, the skeptic is so arrogant...yet you have unfounded claims that I'm just supposed to accept as reasonable.

11. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

I do not beat my head against a wall, or argue with closed minded folks, as it wastes my time. Have as good a day as you can, or night.

12. Dave514

Dave514

That's they way I am about those closed minded people who don't believe in Santa. Good luck getting on the Nice List. ;)

Glockworks likes this.
  13. Sharkey

Sharkey

Thanks for clarifying. Death is final is an obvious logical conclusion if you don't believe in a Creator who creates. If you believe in a Creator well then it is logical to head down a path of seeking and many who seek find what they believe to be true. Of course some follow false religions too. You and every other Atheist here say those who believe are ignorant and well there seems to be a lot of smart people, smarter than you and me, that believe and therefore are ignorant. I don't understand much about electricity yet I use it every day. I have no clue about engineering yet in my job now in some small way, I am helping others build some amazing crap. The Christian life is like that. I don't know everything about it but I know enough to see evidence of a Creator and to seek out a relationship (not a religion) with a Savior. I don't ultimately know how my service to love others (I'm pretty bad at it actually. Heck Ziggy is probably still pissed I called him a name) will pan out but I know enough that doing makes a positive difference in others lives.

I won't say you'll are ignorant because in reality you are not. You just have chosen not to believe. As I said, I'm ok with that. I just move on but you'll sure spend a lot of time here belittling everyone and I guess that is what irks me (maybe not you specifically but the group as a whole). By the way, God knew many would doubt, look at doubting Thomas and He is ok with that. Blessed are those who have not seen and believed . The road to heaven is indeed a narrow road.

I'm gonna end it here because obviously we aren't gonna change each other's mind (the day I believe what Dave is telling me is the day to put me in a mental institution). You posted something about a guy talking about fear of death leading others to a religion and I stated my disagreement with it. He probably should have focused on the promise of life after death that leads many to a religious belief you'll believe is ignorant and not based in any historical or archaeological evidence.

14. Sharkey

Sharkey

Yeah they said that in the OT too. Jesus was real and he proved many times he was God and guess what many that saw the miracles believed. Once again, it is historically accurate. See you are getting bogged down in "religion" I am simply promoting a relationship with the Savior as commanded to do. What do I get for it? Nothing but ridicule apparently but to those who believe what I promote, well they get a lot. It is kind like me having been cured from cancer and me just going around promoting it to others.

Feel free to have the last word.

15. Bradley T

Bradley T

I'm not sure I even fear it. It is something beyond that, I think. Something in my system absolutely wants to keep on living and will do whatever to make sure of it. I don't think that's just fear.

16. ziggy2525

ziggy2525

I don't recall that, but it takes more than name calling to piss me off. I'm not much on holding grudges either.

I like your electricity analogy. When Christians use pseudo-scientific and pseudo-historical explanations for Biblical events, they sound like someone that doesn't understand anything about electricity trying to explain how electricity works.

I have seen a couple Christians here on GTRI talk about their evidence for Christianity was the change in their life when they accepted Jesus Christ as their savior. They were alcoholics or violent. Their testimony is about how their life and their families lives were transformed. An atheist might not agree about why they changed, but it's hard to dispute someones firsthand evidence. The interesting thing is the people that had that kind of Christian experience are just fine embracing all types of people from lots of different backgrounds. Very Christ like.

It seems like it's the people that use misguided, pseudo-intellectual explanations of "biblical reality" that want to use the Bible as an excuse to legislate discrimination, racism, and hate.

17. ziggy2525

ziggy2525

Have you ever considered the disconnect between the things you post and Proverbs 8:13 you quote in your signature?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
  18. Police Marksman

Police Marksman

What you are promoting is not reasonable , logical, or supported by sufficient evidence. Only false religions are promoted by man. If God was real, there would be no need for clergy, or a holy book. Many false religions use holy books and clergy to promote them.

19. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

That's the same thing. Running to religion because of a fear of death or because of the promise of eternal life are both born of the same thing... being afraid to die. You're so indoctrinated that I'm not sure you can see the difference.

20. neon

neon

Why would he be afraid to die? He goes to a much better place. :car: :motorcycle:

Molly:)

+++
    James 1:15
    Then when lust hath, conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.