Debate Fear of Death

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Lone Wolf8634, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634 :):

You seem to have a talent for making the Atheist point for us.

TimC likes this.
  2. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

And that delusion is the purpose of religion. To ease one's fear of death. Thank you for proving my point.

badge315 likes this.

3. neon

neon

You are welcome. But Christians are not afraid to die, where in the world did you get that information? From the Atheist web site? We believe we will be with our loved ones when we die. I come from a Christian family have a Christian husband and want to be with those I love forever. If you haven't experienced true love of family and friends you would not understand. Or be interested in God's promises.

upload_2017-6-23_12-43-34.jpeg

Molly:)

+++
    James 1:22
    But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

4. Dave514

Dave514

The delusion, as he put it, is why. What didn't you get?

Without that delusion you'd be afraid.

badge315 likes this.
  5. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

I guess I need to type slower? THAT IS WHY YOU AREN'T AFRAID TO DIE. Because your religious security blanket promises you this imaginary place to exist after you die where you'll be with all your lost loved ones and puppies and kittens and jesus. That is the purpose of religion... to ease one's fear of death. So you see... it's working. You aren't afraid to die because you've bought into this magical delusion. It's so ingrained in your brain you don't even realize you keep proving my point LOL.

badge315 likes this.
  6. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

And that only means you and others here are scared shtless of dying doesn't it?

Just think when you're lying there taking your last breathe, looking at your loved ones, and realize that you're returning to dust..oh well, good luck!

7. Lone Wolf8634

Not so.

I'm afraid of how I might die. Of course no one wants a painful, drawn out death.

But death holds no fear for me. As Mr. Twain is said to have opined, " I was dead for billions of years before I was born and it didn't inconvenience me in the least "

Now there is some discrepancy as to whether or not he actually said that, it sounds like something he would say, and if he didn't, he should have.

8. Vic Hays

Vic Hays

Some people know that there are worse things than death.

Daniel 3:15-18 KJV
    [15] Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well : but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands? [16] Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. [17] If it be so , our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. [18] But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

9. Dave514

Dave514

No.

10. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Guys, it's just projection. That's what he is afraid of. That's the fundamental purpose of religion, to provide a rationalization that death is not the end to serve as a coping mechanism to deal with one's deepest fear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

badge315 likes this.
  11. Lone Wolf8634

Yup. That's exactly what it is.

12. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Wrong again buckwheat. Try again.

13. neon

neon

Are YOU afraid to die? Are you afraid of never seeing your loved ones again?

Then again maybe you aren't lovable.

Molly:)

+++
    Isaiah 60:1
    Arise, shine for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.

14. Geko45

So, are you afraid of death or not? If so then why? If not then why not?

15. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

Nope.

There was a statement above that said we Christians are not afraid only because of a supposed crutch of an afterlife with God, and so if that's the case then you should be afraid, and many of you said no. You can't have it both ways.

Myself am not afraid, and maybe it because I've lived a full life and am at peace. I also have the extra benefit of Jesus, but that's just a plus.

16. Geko45

Not exactly, theists generally are afraid of death and that is why they cling to religion (as has been confirmed by others in this thread). If that's not you then good for you, but not having religion doesn't imply that we must be afraid of death either.

Exactly, so can't we not be afraid for the same reason? Full life, at peace with myself and my inevitable death. It's not like anyone here is getting out alive.

badge315 likes this.
  17. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

No, the fear is the possibility of going to Hell, not death.

I'll agree with you on this point. :cheers:

18. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

Certain aspects of death do scare me. The thought of not existing doesn't really bother me badly because I'll be dead and won't know it. But I like existing. I wish to continue to do so. I like this world. I don't require some imaginary better world that I'll be going to.

badge315 likes this.
  19. Clownblaster3000

Clownblaster3000

That gives you some amount of sick joy doesn't it? I've noticed many christians have this pleasure in thinking about non believers suffering for not having faith. It's one of the darker parts of the religious heart. The "you'll get yours in the end" mentality. I know you'd rather die than admit it. But just posting something like that tells me all o need to know.

badge315 likes this.
  20. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

You're sick for even thinking this. I don't get joy out of anyone or anything suffering. I hope everyone has a happy life, and I wish you luck even in the end.