1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
NRA Life Member
28,419 Posts
I am sure the FBI would not lie about something like that.

;)

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
No good deed.....

·
Mentally Frozen
24,717 Posts
keep yo mouf shut!

Would've prevented this.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,057 Posts
:fist:

·
Am Yisrael Chai
34,827 Posts
The FBI did something... Oh, that reminds me, gotta clean out my ears. Where did I put the Q-tips.?

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The government’s gold is the government’s gold. It was just misplaced.
They talk about that in the article. The gold hunters actually just wanted to be a part of the dig and I guess they understood that the government was going to claim the gold anyways, but they also might have gotten a cut. It's just weird, and seemingly unnecessary, how the FBI acted about the whole situation.

·
Registered
13,340 Posts
Interesting story. Wonder what happened to the soldiers who accompanied the gold in 1863? They must have been interrogated, jailed or let go if cleared.

·
Registered
13,340 Posts
FBI should have sent in nuggetnoggin. Guy can find anything.

nuggetnoggin.jpg

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
If two people know about something, that is one too many

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Did they wipe their servers like with a cloth?

I hear the FBI is good with that.

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Who in their right mind would get the FBI involved? And why? Terrible decision.
I think it has something to do with Civil War artifact laws or something? I am pretty sure that if you find artifacts on a battlefield you either have to leave them there or turn them in somewhere. I am not sure if the "gold" was in a recognized Civil War area / park.

From the article:
"The Paradas said they were cheated of a moment they had spent years working for.
"You can only dig the gold up once, and that's a historical moment. And here we were robbed of all that," Dennis Parada said. "I don't understand why they played that game on us.""

"If Union gold was indeed recovered from the woods, the discovery of a historic and extremely valuable trove of federal property on state-owned land would almost certainly touch off a court battle over who owns it, and whether the Paradas are entitled to a cut."

Can you imagine trying to "hide" 10s of millions of dollars in gold bars? Although the vast majority of these "finds" end up being artifacts, not actual gold.

IRS agent: "Mr. Parada, how did you end up with $200 million in your savings account at Bob's Small Town Bank?"
"Well, I did some extra overtime at work...."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts