Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I believe the FBI is issuing the Glock 22 and/or Glock 23 to their new agents. However I was wondering if they are issuing Generation 3 or Generation 4 guns, does anyone know? And if they have approved And if they are still issuing the guns with a "Medium Magazine Release" as well as an extended slide-stop and night sights. And what about the Glock 27, if they have approved the Generation 4 guns?

· Registered
9,243 Posts
Supposedly there's a new FBI Gen4 magazine release that looks pretty much like the TopGlock Gen4 extended magazine release: http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17735113&postcount=333

From what I understand they issue the G22, if the agent can't qualify with that they can try a G17 or G19. The G23, 26, 27 are authorized secondary weapons. If an agent wants to they can purchase and qualify with a G21.

· Registered
96 Posts
From what I know, currently back to Gen 3 G22, although it was G23's for a couple years. Some get 9mm if there are qualification issues. Trijicon, smooth triggers (even in G23's), extended slide stop, Medium mag catch. All of those parts can be changed out for longer/shorter options, depending on the shooter.

27's (26's) and 21's can be purchased and authorized. G22's and G23's cannot be.

My guess is Gen 4 is YEARS away from being approved.

· Registered
223 Posts
Then why is the picture posted in the above thread link of a "FBI" Gen4 magazine release? I would assume that would mean it is an FBI gun, which would mean they ARE issuing Gen4's.

II

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.