Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a copy of this I could read. I guess it was published in 1998. They tested the Glock 22 and 23 with over 100,000 rounds.

·
Florida Cracker
1,948 Posts
I don't have the full report, but here's a quick synopsis:

"They shot the gun a lot and it worked real good"

Hope that helps :)

(I know, there's always some smart answer in every thread, I thought it might as well be me :) )

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I had a buddy who reportedly lost his in the ocean while fishing offshore, some scuba divers who knew him found it a month later, the ammo completely corroded out, changed out the ammo, and fired it right then and there.

That does it for me! But I would love to have a Glock just to beat to hell. :)

·
20,408 Posts
Six Glocks (2-G22's and 3-G23's) were each fired 5,000 rounds a day for four days. Thats 20,000 rounds each, 120,000 rounds total of full power service ammo without a failure. Other manufactures did not do as well in the testing, so Glock was awarded the FBI contract.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Six Glocks (2-G22's and 3-G23's) were each fired 5,000 rounds a day for four days. Thats 20,000 rounds each, 120,000 rounds total of full power service ammo without a failure. Other manufactures did not do as well in the testing, so Glock was awarded the FBI contract.
Wow. That's like firing 5 or 6 magazines of ammo in 10 minutes. Then, doing it again and again for 10 hours without taking a break. With each gun. That's just unreal. I've probably gone through 1,000 rounds in a couple of days of heavy shooting and at times the gun was almost too hot to hold.

I'd be curious how they go about it, what the details are like.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Unfortunately, it appears that the .40 (and possibly .357) Glocks did not fare quite so well in the more recent ICE/Homeland Security tests, where SIG-Sauer and HK were the only winners...

Best, Jon

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,320 Posts
Six Glocks (2-G22's and 3-G23's)
Uhhh, you didn't go to a government school, did you? :supergrin:

Regards,
Happyguy :)

·
Banned
5,557 Posts
Unfortunately, it appears that the .40 (and possibly .357) Glocks did not fare quite so well in the more recent ICE/Homeland Security tests, where SIG-Sauer and HK were the only winners...

Best, Jon
Were they disqualified for wanting double strike capability or a manual safety or something?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Doesn't shock me at all that Glock would "Blow" through that kinda test...confidence is the name of the game(GLOCK) :supergrin: The "Benchmark"

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
That thar is sum reely fine arithamatiking. Public school education?:shocked:

·
Registered
3,287 Posts

Best, Jon
Details of selection and issues would be nice.

The HK is simply a better made gun, at a FAR higher price point, than the Glock. Contract discounts can offset cost but for the layperson the HK price tag gives me sticker shock. I've owne 3 over the years, two bought used, one on trade. The HK is a very well-built gun. DA trigger completely sucks, SA is rough and LEM keeps hammer spring at full tension (like a 1911). I simply could not shoot the HK inherently as well as other guns. Too bad too because I prefer the HK to the Glock. Sold/Traded them.

All Glock now, even though I think the Glock is an inferior made gun to the HK, and think the Sig is a better built gun overall as well.

Glocks are simple, cheaper to buy, parts are plenty and cheap, they are easy to maintain, and they work. I'm never going to torture test my Glock, so I'm happy as a clam with my G19 and G23.

·
IWannaBeSedated
11,448 Posts
I doubt anything that the American FBI did during testing came close to what the Austrians did.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Details of selection and issues would be nice.

The HK is simply a better made gun
Considering that there are numerous examples of Glocks with well over 100k rounds with no other maintenance than cleaning and spring changes, and a few with over 200k, just how much better than a Glock does a defensive pistol need to be?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Considering that there are numerous examples of Glocks with well over 100k rounds with no other maintenance than cleaning and spring changes, and a few with over 200k, just how much better than a Glock does a defensive pistol need to be?
No, he meant the name is better not the gun. The FBI would carry HK if they were better guns, unlike the local police departments, the Government does not care about price. Glock is not the nicest built gun, nor the best looking, but it is the best gun for the purpose you own a gun. They go bang when you pull the trigger, and will do so more reliably than any gun on the market. IMO Sig is the nicest built gun, and the two tone 229's are sharp. But if there were three guns laying in the mud, and someone was trying to kill me, I would pick the glock up over any other brand.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't have the full report, but here's a quick synopsis:

"They shot the gun a lot and it worked real good"

Hope that helps :)

(I know, there's always some smart answer in every thread, I thought it might as well be me :) )
:rofl:........................

Torture? That aint no stinking torture!

what this dude did was torture : http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...iew&id=90&Item

PS...Lets see all those high priced, purdy shootin irons stand up to this and still work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,320 Posts
In my opinion there is a lot more to what constitutes a good defensive weapon that it's longetivity.

What do you think would happen to your Glock it a squib load lodged a bullet in the barrel and then you fired a full powered round behind it? I can tell you it wouldn't be pretty. But that is just what they did with the HK and it just pushed the lodged bullet out of the barrel.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts