close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

favorite wii games??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cosmose, Mar 30, 2012.

1. cosmose

cosmose

whats some cool wii games? been playing some tenchu (which is awesome) has anybody tried the 007 golden eye, if so how does it compare to the n64 verison? whats some of your favorite action games?
    I know i'm behind the time just getting into wii, but i found out it's cheaper to stay behind times on gaminig:embarassed:

2. Ostin

Ostin NRA Member

Mario cart and super smash brothers.

3. VinnieD

VinnieD

Resident Evil 4 It beats the crap out of the Gamecube or PS2 version with the ability to accurately aim with the Wii remote. The more open style of the game also gives you options as to how to play. You can try to stand your ground against the hoards, sneak, run and gun, it's all up to you. Unlike a lot of earlier RE games this one gets its scares from genuinely creepy atmosphere and freaky as hell monsters, not limiting your ammo, and bad controls.

Metroid Prime Trilogy: Whether you love or hate FPS games you'll enjoy the Prime Trilogy. It's more exploration than straight shooting, but when you need to shoot aiming with the remote makes all the difference. Before this I thought FPS games just couldn't control well on a console. I'm glad to be proven wrong. Though I do advise immediately going into the options and swapping the fire and jump buttons. Shooting should be on the B trigger for obvious reasons.

Zelda Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess: Both are amazing games that tell an epic story while engrossing you in their world. I'd advise Twilight Princess first though, as Skyward Sword is a bit of a slow build. If you skipped the gamecube era also check out Wind Waker, 4 Swords Adventure, and if you've not played it yet, you owe it to yourself to play Ocarina of Time on the virtual console. The amazing thing about the Wii is you can play all of the console release Zelda games on it.

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, Just an awesome run and gun rail shooter that goes totally over the top. You'll also want to get the original Sin & Punishment for N64 on Virtual Console first. Also an awesome over the top rail shooter. There is a part where you will flying around on a chunk of floating rubble and take on an entire navy with a little handgun. That's the halfway point of the game.

Sonic Colors: Before Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors was the one to finally get it right. No treasure hunting, no fishing, no shooting, just going really really fast through various imaginative levels. It's just pure fun.

Here's some more zombie shooting games.
    Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles If you don't want to play the old RE games, this sums up the entire storyline with a more cinematic presentation, and a fast paced rail shooter style.

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles A sequel to Umbrella Chronicles. It covers the storylines not in Umbrella chronicles and ties the older series into RE4.

House of the Dead Overkill: The less serious side of zombie shooting.

And lastly for some fighting games:

Tatsunoko vs Capcom: It's another versus game but crossing over with oldschool Japanese anime super heroes. You haven't truly seen fighting until you've suplexed a giant robot.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Do you even need to ask questions? It's every Nintendo character in a massive free for all fighting game. Also has a pretty engaging story mode.

4. da chef

da chef glock convert

New Super Mario Bros Wii. An updated nod to the original. Highly re-playable. I recommend it.

5. cosmose

cosmose

I will definitely be trying out some of the resident evils, has anybody played silent hill? I remember the one from playstation was awesome.

6. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

both zeldas and the sports game it came with.

7. pgg00

pgg00

8. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

I never could get the "aiming" thing down w/ any of the first person shooters and any of the games my boys had for theirs, and God knows we tried them ALL! :(

I'm actually pretty bad at first person shooters on a console one way or another, probably b/c I have played them for so long on the PC, I am more used to that. You'd think it would not matter and the PC would be harder, but I just can't do it.

We got rid of our Wii for a number of reasons, but my biggest thing was it was not HD. I got it initially for the boys (they're 6 now, twins) and they were fine w/ it, but I did not like the non-HD part, then my DVD player blew up, so I got them a PS3 instead. I had wanted a Blu-Ray anyway, so it all made sense at the time.

I'll you what they did LIKE (and do also on the PS3) more than anything, is any of the Lego games. Batman, SW, Indian Jones, it doesn't matter, they just love them for some reason. Plus Dad likes the HD games on the PS3 more too. :)

PS - We actually liked the Wii Sports game it came w/. I tried just about ever baseball game out there for the Wii, and most of them were a b*tch or sucked compared to the enjoyment we got out of the that simple baseball game on the Wii. :) I've even got the MLB game for the PS3 now, and I don't enjoy it anywhere near as I did the Wii simple one.

9. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet