GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a chance to show your favorite revolver. It can be any make DA or SA. Heres mine an Old Model Ruger Blackhawk 45 convertible. Its powerful accurate and a joy to shoot. It harks back to the old west. It brings out the cowboy in me. I carry it in a Tom Threeperson's holster. Threeperson's was a famous old west lawman. Show me yours.
P_20201022_203632_vHDR_Auto.jpg

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Give me old s&w revolvers. Pre lock. Pre mim. I bought one s&w classic and it works. But its not a good trend. Rather pay more and get something 50 years old
Yes. I love my 1964 manufactured S&W Model 19.
And a special Model 10. It is #75 of a group of 100 guns Smith had Doug Turnbull do in 1999-2000.

Both are, in all sincerity, far better than what goes out the door of Smith, Ruger, Colt today.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,148 Posts
IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2790.jpg
IMG_2791.jpg
IMG_2792.jpg

The story I heard was my "great uncle" took this off of a dead German soldier in WW2, but I don't know if I believe it. I can't tell you who manufactured it, but it's 6.35 caliber, so probably an officer's dress pistol? I don't think anyone carried a .25 into battle.

FTR, I wouldn't shoot it to save my life, the barrel is loose and I think the trigger mechanism is about to self-destruct.

·
NRA Life Member
63,399 Posts
Hard to pick a favorite:
revolvers-small.JPG

The 8 3/8" Model 29 was given to me by my father after I killed a deer with it at about 100 yards, with iron sights.

The old S&W Military & Police .38 in the middle of the top row belonged to my great grandfather, Preacher Robert, and was passed down through the family.

The nickel S&W 586 in the top row was the last revolver I carried as a police duty gun.

The S&W 637 that is on the right end of the top row was won directly from S&W for winning the sharpshooter class of the S&W side match at the Carolina Cup around 2008.

The S&W Model 60 at the bottom right corner was my grandmother's gun, since about the late 60's. It has a "R"+ 4 digit serial number. She gave it to me in the '80s and I carried it as a back-up and off-duty gun for several years.

The Vaqueros on the bottom row are my wife's .357s (blue) and my .44 magnums (stainless) but have no sentimental value.

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
I don't keep up with tech enough to post pics and hate asking my daughter to do it for me, so I'll just have to say it's my Redhawk .44 mag with 2.5x8 glass. With .44 Specials, it has less recoil than a Red Ryder.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts