Glock Talk banner

Favorite Quotes

294 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  BGPD
Two from mark Twain.

We all do no end of feeling, and some mistake it for thinking.

It's not the parts of the Bible I don't understand that bothers me, it's the parts I do understand that bother me.

And Harry Truman,

I never learned a damn thing from a man that agreed with me.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Patrol Hairbag
275 Posts
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
--Earnest Hemminway

"Never give in. Never, never, never, never! Never yield in any way, great or small, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force and the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy...."
-- Winston Churchill

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-- John Stuart Mill

"Let your gun be your constant companion on your walks."
-- Thomas Jefferson

"If you're not shootin' you should be loadin'.......
If you're not loadin' you should be moving......
If you're not movin', someone is gonna cut your head off and put it on a stick."
--Clint Smith

Be polite, Be professional and have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
--Unknown

· Unfair Facist
30,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Revelation, n. A famous book in which St John the Divine concealed all that he knew. The revealing is done by the commentators, who know nothing.
-- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary (1911)

· Registered
583 Posts
"No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave."
Calvin Coolidge

1 - 6 of 6 Posts