Favorite Kahr

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Redstate, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Redstate

Redstate

Who has more than one Kahr, and if so, which is your favorite. I'll start. I have a P9 Covert, MK9 and K9. I actually am very fond of all 3 and it is difficult for me to pick a favorite. For pocket carry, in a holster of course, I like the P9 Covert. For overall feel and looks, I think I think I give the nod to the K9. I do also like that the K9 and Mk9 are all steel.

2. grecco

grecco

K9 but the P9 is a better carry pistol.

3. JGIORD

JGIORD

MK9 is my favorite by far. Looks feel and shoot-ability is top notch. sold off the CM9 and K9 but kept the MK9.

100% reliable, very accurate and not too heavy for pocket carry.

4. Cokeman

Cokeman Glock 23

I like both for different reasons. I have had the P380 longer and pocket carry it every day because of its size. The MK9 looks cool and feels really nice. Both feel the same when shooting them.

5. Islander1

Islander1

6. JimBianchi

JimBianchi Da Da CLM

7. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

8. ruffhunter

ruffhunter

I had a K40 for 15 years and its been great. Eats anything, great trigger.

Picked up a CM40 a week ago to replace a 380 and jury is still out... The slide stop/slide spring thing is lil goofy. Out of the box the slide was locked up, got it apart and oiled up. Went to range. Would not and could not get it to go into slide lock, even after last shot or manually. ran over 200 mixed rounds Mostly FMJ,XTP,Gold dot. Repeatedly kept having to tap the slide forward to get the rounds seated, slide would not pick up rounds off magazines. Magazine pick up would slide a gouge halfway across the still loaded rounds in the mag, trigger bar spring that wrap around the trigger makes an annoying squeak even after oiling. Headed back to factory. Accurate, love the size, found easier to stage trigger than my K40. Will see

9. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Owned a K40 for just under a decade now, carried it for 6 years. In the same 30 dollar Galco holster (take that, expensive tacticool nerds).

I'll be honest, I shot a lot of Kahrs over the years, and none of them quite fit like this K40. The plastic ones just aren't for me. They were always more prone to failures (might've improved now). The other sizes, eh, just weren't perfect like the K40.

Perhaps the biggest shortcoming with Kahrs was the mags. They were always the weak point. Its been hit or miss since day one. I've thrown 2 out over the years.

Had one major failure on my gun. Damn frame just broke, a tiny chunk out of the rear slide rail came off. Gun still worked fine, but I sent it in and they sent me back an extended mag, a standard mag, and a new frame, possibly an entirely new gun - I'm still not sure if they reused my old slide. Its now a K40 Elite 03. Still a great gun.

The recoil is nasty. Most people can't shoot it to save their lives at first. It took me a long time to get used to, so from that standpoint I guess its not as good as, say, a Glock 36 that people (myself included) just seem to be able to pick up and squeeze off good shots with, but the nice, smooth, long trigger pull is something I've grown to love. Never pulled a DAO trigger this smooth on any gun.

I know, I know, long read. But I've got a lot to say about this gun. I could go on for hours. Its been on my hip through all kinds of environments and saved my skin once. Held up pretty well throughout the years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Genso likes this.
  10. Gokyo

Gokyo

I own or have owned the following Kahrs

K9
    T9
    P9
    PM9
    P380

I loved the K9. But at the time I also owned a G19. The K9 was about as heavy and held a lot less ammo. So It went away and I kept the G19.

Later I bought a T9. Really like this weapon but it kind of did not serve any function that my G19 did not serve. So it went away. I miss it a little but probably not going to buy another.

Then I got the P9. It is great. very slim, light weight and easy to shoot. Love taking it to the range. Sold the G19. The P9 was thinner lighter and carried better.

Then bought a P380 for pocket carry. It is wonderful. It is not as fun to shoot as the P9. But man is it small and easy to carry.

Then I bought a PM9. The guy sold it to me at a really great price. It carries nicely but it is no where near as fun to shoot as the P9. The recoil is more snappy. And it hurts the web of my hand more then the P9. It is also not as accurate for me to shoot.

I have had great experiences with my Kahrs. No problems at all. No malfunctions, no breakages. They are a first rate system.

You should be aware of one thing. Do not pocket carry a loose kahr magazine. They have a tendency to unload themselves in my pocket. Not really sure why. This does not happen in proper magazine carrier.

One additional comment on the P380. It can take some really hot loads. Things hotter then you want to shoot out of such a light weight pistol.

Genso likes this.
  11. Redstate

Redstate

I appreciate all the responses so far. Please keep them coming.

12. deerhunter34

deerhunter34

I have only one, but I've carried virtually everyday in my front pocket for the past twelve years. It is a PM9 and has been wonderful to carry and shoot. I paid $479.00 for it in 2003 and it has been my best friend since then. In a suit or in shorts it has always been with me. I have to qualify with it twice a year and also spend personal time with it at the range. It went through an early recall even though it never gave me any problems. It gets a weekly bath in Rem Oil to clean off the pocket dust. I own and carry several other guns but always in addition to my little friend.

13. glockandgroovin'

glockandgroovin' Devil Dog

I love my CM9. Gets a lot of pocket time.

14. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

I have a CM9 and a P380 and find myself carrying one or both
    more and more as time goes by if I'm carrying IWB or Pocket.
    OWB I still go with my XDs9 3.3 or my S&W Shield9. Neither
    have given me a problem after break in and both shoot POA
    out to 25 yards if I do my part. Very light and very small, easy
    to pocket carry. I prefer Alabama Holsters for pocket and IWB
    and they work real well wit these weapons.
    Gokyo is right about Kahr mags unloading in your pocket. Both
    of mine do this as well as my SIG P290RS. I use pocket mag
    carriers by Sneaky Pete for this purpose.
    Love My Kahrs and I'm in the market for a PM9.
    Dano
    [​IMG]

15. 07hemi4me

07hemi4me

I have a P45 and a PM9. PM9 goes with me everywhere.

So it is the PM9

16. tedk

tedk

1st is the PM9
    2nd is the P9
    3rd is the TP9

Kahr's are good guns.

17. railfancwb

railfancwb

18. Sharkey

Sharkey

P9 Covert they don't make any more. I have a his and hers and they are great guns.

19. JaPes

JaPes Rimfire 1010101

I only have one Kahr, a CW380. I'll eventually get a 2nd, most likely chambered in .45 ACP.

20. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

I have a PM9, a CW45, and a P45.

I love them all, but the PM9 gets carried far more often than anything else (even non-Kahrs), so I'd have call that my favorite.

WeeWilly likes this.