close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

favorite glock lubricant?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tree house, Apr 6, 2004.

1. tree house

tree house

what is the best lubricant I can use on my G23. It spends lots of time in the safe between shooting unfortunately. i've been cleaning my g23 with breakfree, drying with silicone cloth, and applying very very light coat of rem oil.

I know there are tons of highly regarded synthetic lubricants out there. miltech comes to mind. i'd like to try something new.

which have you had the best performance from?

thanks very much.

2. cerberus

cerberus

Sounds like you have it covered. :)

3. drcohen

drcohen TetraGunCare

Mil-Comm Products TW-25B grease is the most awesome lubricant protectant in the world, bar none.

Glock Inc. uses it.
    Top IDPA shooters like Sevigny and Langdon use it.
    U.S. Special Forces armorers use it.
    You can use it ... enhance performance - stop searching and start shooting. Call them to find a dealer ... 1-888-9GREASE. www.mil-comm.com

Militec has been shadowing them for years, but its mediocre. FP-10 is a good oil, but a light grease is better.

4. HSM ITH

HSM ITH

Mobil 1 15W-50 motor oil. If it was in a gun oil bottle people would pay $10 per 2 ounces. You are lucky it isn't and you pay less than $5 per 32 ounces.

If anyone can show me how my lowly Mobil 1 motor oil leaves and a grease stays I would gladly switch, but all we get is anecdotal guesstimations. I've been quite hard on guns only to find the Mobil 1 right where I put it and working well. Grease works, but when a low cost oil works just as well and maybe better I will stay with the oil.

5. ttown

ttown

I use Mil-tec grease on the slide. I shoot a lot of dirty ammo and the grease stays. The unburnt power seems to act like a sponge and soaks up the oil. With all the KABOOMS I wanted to make sure my slide doesn't stick and fire out of bank.;P

6. HSM ITH

HSM ITH

ttown, you brought up something I did not think of; the powder soaking up the oil and making a pasty mess. I reload all my ammo so I don't have to deal with dirty ammo but I can see how it could happen.

7. d0truji

d0truji

8. j_ratliffe

j_ratliffe

i use castrol synthetic gun lube, but it's probably cheaper to use thier synthetic motor oil. i'm sure it's the same stuff only in a different package but i could be wrong.

9. jfinan

jfinan

Breakfree CLP. I've never had any problems. I would think that the military researched it a little before they decided on it. It works on my G23, AR-15, and everything else. If you shop around, you can get a good price on it.

10. Gary42141

Gary42141

CLP is junk, which is why many of the units in Iraq are having Militec-1 sent over.

11. fiberpig

fiberpig

I use Eezox Gun Care to clean(and lube-I spray the whole field stripped gun and let it dry and wipe it down, clean the inside of the barrel with this also) and I apply lube per owners manual with Militec 1

12. Kodiak PA

Kodiak PA Bear Land

Rem Oil works well, is cheap, is everywhere and is what Chuck Taylor used for his G17 during his torture test in Alaska.

13. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

I just use the grease off of the side of my nose.

14. Brigrat

Brigrat

Militech is way overhyped. Most units are using plain CLP. Militech is particularly bad at preventing oxidation, which is a problem for weapons not often shot, or caried close to the body. FP-10 works well, CLP is good for most environments (sand not being one of them), and as any good chemist will tell you, the differences between good synthetic motor oil, and really expensive synthetic gun lubricants (militech included) is negligable at best. If you want a sythetic, use motoroil, if you like CLP keep using it, it works for the USMC, and it works for me. If you overlube, you will have problems in dust and sand, if you treat your weapon right, and don't over lube, you will never need anything else. I use either Mobile 1, or CLP, and always have. I tried Militech, on our dept's weapons and my own, and we have since gone back to CLP.

15. Ravenn

Ravenn

16. Ravenn

Ravenn

I SECOND THAT!..had a tube of it diluted in 99% isopropl alchol and in a spray bottle. Used it on the surface of several rigles my son had and was storing in a closet.

Let's make that "Rifles" Sorry;g

17. Mukilteo

Mukilteo

18. Trey

Trey

First I used CLP. It tended to migrate some but worked fine.

Now I'm using Slide Glide, It stays put and the gun (g35) runs great and it's easier to clean as well.

Glocks are a great pistol and any quality lube should serve you fine.

19. nsb22

nsb22 TEAM OAF

I use Prolix cleaner and oil at home and at work. At work, we use it on rifles and pistols, which are carried in every condition Iowa weather throws at us. The carbon comes right off of the bolt with little effort and since we started using Prolix, no more rust! Plus Prolix is bio-degradable and the oil stays where it is put, kinda like a grease!!!Click here to read more on Prolix! No, I don't work for Prolix, I just believe in their product!

20. legacyboy

legacyboy