close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Crock-Pot recipe?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Laramie In MT, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

My mom has always used a crockpot and when I moved out, I just never got around to buying one. I got one at Target today and am excited to start using it.

What are ya'lls favorite crock-pot recipes? I know there are a bunch. I like all kinds of cassaroles, roasts, soups, chilis.

Let's hear your family's favorite.

2. major

major Rejected member

Buy some dried beef (we get the kind that comes in a little jar) and line the bottom of the crock pot with it (use the whole jar). Then take some boneless chicken breast strips and wrap a half piece of uncooked bacon around each. Line up the chicken strips in the bottom of the crock pot, filling the entire bottom. Then pour a couple of cans of cream of mushroom soup over the whole thing. Cook all day in the crock pot while you're away at work.

We do this and then cook some white rice when we get home in the evening. Serve over rice. Mmmmmm.......good. You won't have to season it because the dried beef already has a salty taste.

3. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

4. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

which is sort of chili'sh but hominy and pork instead of beans and beef.

anyway, a lot of pork, hominy, and salsa picante & chili powder..

real GOOD food for rainy days.

5. tyesai

tyesai

Get a beef roast and a clove of garlic. Fill the roast with as much garlic as you can get in there by using a knife and just sliding cloves in the slits you make. Brown it real quick on a smoking hot pan with a touch of olive oil, don't be afraid to really get it a little crunchy on the outside. Throw it in the crock pot with a can of beef consume, one large onion, one small bag of those pre cut cleaned baby carrots, and a few potatoes. Basically just fill the crock pot full.

Put it on high in the morning for a few hours and then late afternoon switch to low, dinner is done. You HAVE to take the liquid, wich will be a considerable amount and make gravy out of it. Just get it lightly boiling and take some cornstarch and water, about fifty fifty, and get a good slurry going. Then add that to the boiling juice. That my friend is my favorite crock pot recipie. It really isn't hard at all either. Sounds time consuming but only takes fifteen minutes to get it all in the crock pot. Just quarter the onion, it will fall apart, and just cut the potatoes in big chunky even pieces.

6. Onmilo

Onmilo

Get a two pound chuck roast, season with salt, pepper, Paprika, cumin and garlic powder liberally sprinkled.
    Pour one eight ounce can of chicken broth into the pot first.
    Place the roast in the pot and surround with new potatoes, and sliced carrot.
    We use 6-8 potatoes and two carrots.
    Top that with one medium large onion sliced and add 1-2 stalks of celery, sliced.
    Cover and cook on high setting for one hour, then reduce heat setting to medium and let the stuff slow cook for two to four hours.
    The longer you cook it, the better it gets.

When most of the meat has been gobbled up, let the pot cool and skim the fat off the broth.
    Add more vegetables, any combination is fine, and two cups of water.
    Let this cook on medium/low setting for 2-4 more hours and you will have a delicious vegetable soup from the leftovers.

7. KG4IDA

KG4IDA

Try a couple of boneless turkey breasts with a can of cream of mushroom soup diluted with 1/4-1/2 can of water. Sprinkle with black pepper and cook on low for 12 hours. You can use a bone-in turkey breast also but it will fall apart when trying to serve it. The boneless ones will be held together by the netting they are wrapped in. This also works well with chicken breasts.

8. BrassInPocket

BrassInPocket

Crockpot Lasagna

1 lb. hamburger
    26-28 oz. spaghetti sauce
    8 oz. tomato sauce
    9 oz. (8) lasagna noodles (uncooked)
    1 lb. jar alfredo sauce
    12 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
    1/4 c. parmesan cheese

Brown hamburger in skillet and drain. Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Spread 3/4 c. spaghetti sauce in bottom of crockpot. Stir remaining spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce into hamburger. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce, break noodles if necessary. Top with 1/3 of the alfredo sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 c. of Mozzarella cheese. Top with 1/3 of hamburger mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layering twice, using 2 noodles in the last layer, sprinkle parmesan on top. Cook on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours.

9. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

you can slice up a couple of pounds of kielbasa, a half head of cabbage, an onion, a potato, and toss in some salt, pepper, caraway seeds, and chicken stock.

Simmer for half a day.

Yum!

You can also add sauerkraut.