close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fatherhood; part duex

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TCmofo, Jan 27, 2010.

1. TCmofo

TCmofo

Well, I just found out I am gonna be a daddy for the second time. Our first was a surprise as my wife was on birth control, well that didn't work as my daughter was born in August. Wife took a test last night, came out "fuzzy" as she said, but that supposedly meant positive. So in her excitement she grabbed another test this mornin' and booya, positive. So by the time the next little bundle of joy is born, my daughter will be 1 year and 1 month. AWESOME, but I don't plan on sleeping for the next couple of years. :wavey:

The only thing that sucks is that I will be deployed to Iraq when this one is born....

2. Puppy

Puppy

Congrats TC! that's wonderful news! I wish you & your family all the best!

3. Palouse

Palouse The Resistance Lifetime Member

Congrats, man. That's great news.

Thirteen months, eh? You and your wife will be pretty busy over the next couple of years, but you already know that.

At my house, Primo and Segundo were born 15 months apart (now 8 and 7 years of age and both boys), and we were busy, busy, busy. Loads of fun, though, so enjoy those days early days despite the work. They go by fast.

4. MO's Dink

MO's Dink Giant Member

Slipped another one past the goalie did ya! Atta boy!:thumbsup:(They need a hockey player smilie for these occations.)

BTW, my boys are 18 months apart and a lot of fun but thick as thieves! So good luck with that.

5. RichJ

RichJ

I feel ya bro. My two boys are barely 15 months apart.

Imagine Fred G. Sanford holding his chest while declaring "oh Lord, this is the big one." That was me. I nearly fell out. Our house is insane right now. I have a two year old and an eight month old baby at the same time. AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!

6. SCGlock26

SCGlock26

What until you have three that are all in college at the same time. I have been broke for 3 years now and have 3 more to go.

7. kymarkh

kymarkh

Congratulations, and thanks for your service!

As a 46-year old ex-11B with 4yr, 2yr and 7 month old daughters I can tell you that you might look back fondly on the days of 0500 first call... wouldn't trade it for the world though.

8. TCmofo

TCmofo

Lol, this is what I am scared of.

9. TCmofo

TCmofo

and this....yeesh.

10. CodyBoy

CodyBoy

Yeah, well I have a 17 YO , 16 YO daughters, and a 19 MO boy. A female dog and a female cat.

Me and the boy don't stand a chance. Least I have a male lab dog too!

Might just be alright after all.

:supergrin:

11. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus Silver Member

LOL You'll be fine, and stay safe as well.

We have four kids, one son and three daughters. Do you feel for hubby yet?

Wait til the girls are all in their teens and we're all on the same...*ahem*...cycle at the same time. lol

Guess that condo up on the resort is gonna get used at least one week out of the month.

12. Mrs. G26Duck

Mrs. G26Duck

Our first was 13 weeks premature, spent 16 months in NICU, came home with nurses around the clock, oxygen, tracheotomy, gastrotomy(breathing tube, feeding tube), and a multitude of medical problems. Shortly after his 2nd birthday, following several months in and out of ICU, we were pregnant again! (despite birth control!) They are now each other's biggest fans and allies. God has a plan and nothing we do will circumvent it. Our kids are now 22 1/2 and 19 1/2. They taught each other all the important stuff. It was pure hell occasionally but I wouldn't trade a minute of it. As a matter of fact, I have often wished I could go back and redo one day, just to remember how sweet and wonderful they were!