GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVg8opQkQXc

- A few hours in the sun can produce up to 20,000 IU, that's a lot. But it has to be absorbed through the skin and that can take up to 24 hours so don't shower if you can avoid it. Now I get why the sun produces 90% of your vitamin D and not your diet.

- It's really really hard to OD on vitamin D. One guy took a million IU per day and didn't get sick for six months.

Worth the time to watch. I've upped my daily supplement.

Reactions: bruscifer

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
My old doctor told me that Vitamin D deficiency was unheard of until everybody went nuts with sunscreen on every body part from sun up to sundown.

Skin cancers a *****, I got that but, another case of unintended consequences.

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Bathed in lavender and gasoline
3,958 Posts
I know that vitamin D supplements don't do anything for me, as far as how I actually feel while taking them. If I spend an hour or two out in the sun with my shirt off, say running, biking, yard work, ect....I feel fantastic for the next few days. I am naturally dark complected white boy and it's hard for me to get burned unless I am emerging from winter. I use low spf sunscreen on the tops of my shoulders and high spf on the nose and ears.

Another note - being out in the sun without a shirt for a few hours really boosts my libido for some reason. I think it's the natural vitamin D. I don't get that libido boost from vitamin D supplements.

·
Registered
30,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that vitamin D supplements don't do anything for me, as far as how I actually feel while taking them. If I spend an hour or two out in the sun with my shirt off, say running, biking, yard work, ect....I feel fantastic for the next few days. I am naturally dark complected white boy and it's hard for me to get burned unless I am emerging from winter. I use low spf sunscreen on the tops of my shoulders and high spf on the nose and ears.

Another note - being out in the sun without a shirt for a few hours really boosts my libido for some reason. I think it's the natural vitamin D. I don't get that libido boost from vitamin D supplements.
If vitamin D boosted libido that would have been discovered a long time ago. Mankind has been searching for aphrodisiacs forever.

"it doesn’t matter if you’re getting D2 or D3, and the sunlight-generated kind isn’t better than the nutritional variety."

https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories/vitamin-d-myths-debunked/

·
Registered
555 Posts

So the nudist was right all along. Funny how this stuff is outlawed in most places huh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts