close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Farewell to Maggie

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by fabricator, Feb 26, 2005.

1. fabricator

fabricator Got Biodiesel?

I hate these kind of threads they tear me up every time I read one so I am sorry to have to post one.
    Maggie my 14 year old Golden Retriever didnt wake up this morning, she has been in a battle with cancer, but she never complained, always waiting when I got home from work with a smile and a wagging tail, kids could ride her like a pony, twist her ears, pull her tail, and all she ever did was smile and wag her tail, but let the cat put his head in her food dish once then watch out!
    I have pictures of my mom holding maggie in her lap with my one year old niece Lynsey 14 years ago, I have to tell Lynsey this morning it will be hard on her they grew up together and were best friends.
    Cancer took my mom and now maggie, I know my mom was there at the rainbow bridge to greet maggie, and one of these days I will see her smile and wagging tail again, thanks for shoulder folks.

2. G20man32904

G20man32904 Deceased

Sorry to hear of your loss Fab.

;w

3. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

It is always tough to lose our furry friends. I have lost three cats over the last 30 years, and miss them all. Each one had its own personality, and I remember all 3 like they were here yesterday.

Thank God for giving these creatures to us, and allowing us so much joy in our lives with them.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Like you, it broke my heart to have to explain to the children that grew up with them. ;1

4. outlaws161

outlaws161

Sorry to hear that I too have a friend that if somthing were to happen to i would be crushed.

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Oh fab, I am so sorry. A lot of people don't understand how much it hurts to loose a furbuddy.

Maggie isn't hurting now :) She is out playing, chasing bunnies, maybe kitties! She is waiting for you. You will see her again, when the time is right.

I lost my Grandma to cancer. It is a hard thing to see...

I pray that you are comforted now, and for stregnth when you tell Lynsey...

6. mfackler

mfackler

I am sorry for you loss.

RIP Maggie

7. fabricator

Lynsey just left, it was a hard thing but we all know she is better off now, not slowed down by her old creaky body anymore, it's gonna take some getting used to, nobody sitting at my elbow wanting a bite of my sandwich, thanks for the kind words guys it helps.:)

8. hangmans joke

hangmans joke

prayers sent fab, it always sucks to lose family. we will all see our family one day. \

hj

9. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Oh my hell Fabricator......

I am so sorry to hear this.......there are no words for the emptiness you must feel.....it's one of the most rotten feelings in the world!!

Take a little time then go look at Golden pups......you will be glad you did......trust me!!

I am wiping tears right now, this kind of stuff just tears my heart out!! ;w

10. fabricator

Thanks guys, your words and thoughts help a lot, it's going to be a while before I'm used to not having a place to get rid of my table scraps:) A new puppy is in the future, but not right away.

11. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

I think it is wise to wait a little while before getting a new pet, after losing one.

You do have a grieving stage you need to go through, I feel.

Good Luck

12. Glockgirl26

Glockgirl26

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.;w

13. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

I waited 4 years after losing Tasha my big sweet chocolate lab. She had diabetes and only lived until 7. Very sad was the day when I put her down. She loved going to the vet and had no idea what was coming. She simply could not take any more insulin.

Now I've got Lena, she's also a chocolate. She's 10 months old and is the reincarnation of Tasha. Good to have a sweet girl around the house again.

When the time is right, you'll know and good things come to those who wait.

14. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Near this spot are deposited the remains if one who possessed Beauty with out Vanity,
    Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity, and all the Virtues of Man without his Vices. This praise which would be unmeaning Flattery, if inscribed over human ashes, is but just Tribute to the Memory of Boatswain, a dog. John C Hobhouse

or

Lastly I take the liberty of confiding to your charity and humanity... Max, who is the best and gentlest and most reasonable and well-mannered, as well as most beautiful small animal of his kind...I shall take it kindly if he be not too often gratified with tidbits between meals. Of course what he most intensely dreams of is being taken out on walks, and the more you are able to indulge him the more he will adore you and the more all the latent beauty of his nature will come out. Henry James

15. fabricator

Thanks for the thoughts guys, tupperware, those quotes are enough to make a guy all bleary eyed again.

16. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

Well, don't worry. My Claus will show her around and take good care of her.;w

17. fabricator

Thanks pard.:)

18. pesticidal

pesticidal Eh? CLM