Farewell, Statesville!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Sep 11, 2005.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Farewell, Statesville! After 12 wonderful years of hosting the GSSF match, the F.O.P. range will be closing due to being sold to a developer. The match has been staffed by the finest RO's on the GSSF circuit. Always friendly, always courteous, always helpful, always well versed in GSSF rules. Ladies and gentlemen, you are the best. I hope the F.O.P. will find a suitable location nearby so that these great matches can resume. I have been to 6 of the 12 matches in Statesville. Thanks for the memories, my dear friends.
    -Danny Ryan & Family

2. PSW

PSW

Yes, we have VERY RECENTLY, had discussions that MAY, I SAID MAY allow for a TRC XIII.

If we can work it out, it will be spring 2006. The RO's ALL voted to work if we can schedule it.

As soon as it's a go, I'll ask Mr. E or Mr. S to post it on their web site. So if you wanna TRC XIII, ask OUR LORD AND SAVIOR to provide the opportunity. The RO interest is there!!

Speaking of the RO's. I sincerely believe that the Statesville crew is the best there is. Sure, we had some wait. But we did 241 on Saturday and 97 Sunday with LESS THAN 30 HARD WORKING folks! As the TRC Co-oridinator, they have my upmost respect and gratitude!! Thanks guys!!!!!!

PSW

3. Terminator

Terminator

Its s Darn shame too Coach!!!!
    This was my first and it appears last trip to Stateville to the FOP Range, but i loved every minute of it. Hats off the the dedicated staff of RO's that pull off a great shoot.

Hasta La Vista Baby.

4. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I will miss it for sure. On the otherhand the trip to Statesville is a lot further now that I am back in Orlando than when I lived in Asheville. ;f

Here's hoping for good news about an old friend. :)

5. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

Sometimes progress just 'sucks'. I have shot the Statesville match probably 8-9 times and except for being so danged HOT at times, it has always been a great match. Always a great group of RO's and the wait have never been too long. I will miss this match for another reason also, it is only 25 miles from my house. Talk about in your backyard... Anyway, hopefully the Statesville FOP Club will have a desire and opportunity to purchase land for a new range and keep the tradition of this club going. By the way, the new stairs were GREAT. I understand that Thanks go to the Cowboy and IPSC Clubs at the range. Good Work guys!!!

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

I've been to the Statesville twice, both matches were enjoyable and I'll miss it if you guys can't find another suitable range!

Good luck on the May match. I hope you can make it happen.

7. CarolinaKat

CarolinaKat

Although I have shot several GSSF matches (SC,VA,KY,NC)over the past two years, this was my first time ROing a match. I must say that I agree with PSW. This is a very hard-working knowledgeable bunch of ROs. I learned a tremendous amount just hanging out and working with them over three days. Where you have a good organization, you have a great leader. PSW is very gracious; the real credit goes to PSW for the success of the match. Believe me GSSF wants to keep this match, because they know PSW. Thanks PSW and I really enjoyed meeting the rest of your family!
    DM