Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Don't know yet. It felt just as bad Monday night as tonight, so perhaps it's reached a steady state. If it's not, then I'll have to ask to move the date. This would be very hairy, though, because I'm the last of the 4 folks so the end of the process would be pushed back.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Made it through, voice and all. My presentation went extremely well yesterday. I'm pretty sure two of the search committee members are against me due to politics with my advisor, but don't know how much that matters. Very tired and stressed out. Not sure I'm willing to do that again any time soon.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Just checking in. Been on the road so much that I haven't had a chance to read the forum much lately. I think (hope!!) all that is over now.

My nutrition, strength, and conditioning are all shot down the toilet! :crying::rofl: I really respect anybody who can keep up his plan while on the road. Frankly, I failed miserably. I'm sure I gained some fat and I've done a few conditioning workouts and feel like total crud also. Time to get back to work!!

I heard that I'll not get an offer at VT. Apparently, the inbreeding was too much to overcome. If the state of Kentucky can get its finances straightened out, I will get an offer there. Baby's due in 3 weeks. These are crazy times.

Hey, to all my S&C Forum buddies: :yourock: I hope all your S&C plans are going well.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
If the state of Kentucky can get its finances straightened out, I will get an offer there. Baby's due in 3 weeks. These are crazy times
That's some good news and some fantastic news. Good luck on both of those things Brad.

Glad your back.

About hte bby, do you know boy/girl yet?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Thanks for checking in, Brad. I'm planning a magnificent comeback as soon as soon as I beat this cold/flu for good. Do I lose man points for saying "magnificent"? I took NyQuil last night for the first time since I can remember, then took Tylenol Cold this am with my coffee 'cause I'm back on call for 24hrs. I don't even know what's going on at this point.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Hey back at ya procative.

Get better dude. I caught some sort of chest cold in early Feb., I am now just starting to feel good enough to work hard. I've been draggin' arse feeling completely worn out. But today I did some behind the neck jerks, some OHS, drop snatches, squat and split snatches and back squats. No earth shattering weights, but I completed my workout!

Brad, so you and your son will soon be out numbered. I feel for ya.:cool: I have two sons, my wife is really outnumbered, so while I can only sympathize, I'm sure she has some empathy. Good luck.

TR-- are you still around?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
LOL, CJ, it appears that I might be totally outta luck! It looks like I won't get an offer from Clemson either. GO Kentucky Democrats!!! A tax raise is the most likely thing that'll save me now. That's ironic beyond description considering my politics. :rofl:

I think I'd better start thinking of backup plans in a hurry! Otherwise: :faint:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Brad, I know what you mean about politics and employment. Being a state government employee and against tax increases I have a hard time discussing this at the office. I get a lot of stufrf like, "Well if taxes are so bad, why don't you take a pay cut so we can pay less taxes".

Good luck and go Wildcats!

JAck

61 - 80 of 98 Posts