Fanny Pack Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by johnkn, May 31, 2020.

1. johnkn

johnkn

First, I’ve never in my life worn a fanny pack and don’t expect to except when I travel in the near future and only when jogging. My jogging gun will be my LCP2, and in the pack will be my 1 additional 6-round mag, my wallet, my keys, and my watch. Any suggestions? Looking for a safe, secure package that I can keep from flopping around. Thanks...

2. ActanonVerba70

ActanonVerba70

3. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance

4. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

When I see a man, not a hipster, wearing a fanny-pack I assume there is a firearm therein. Don't let the bad guy know you're a good guy before you know he's a bad guy.

5. johnkn

johnkn

So in the few times I'm jogging when traveling and based out of a hotel, what would you propose I do with my wallet with $3k in cash, $14k watch, truck keys, firearm, mag, etc. on a 90* day when I am dripping with sweat? This will probably be a 10-day event over the course of the year, perhaps 1.5hrs at a time. Then (after a shower) all goes back to normal.

thanks guys, I'll check out the links above!

6. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Well maybe you should think about a belly band or thunderware. Years ago theuse to make a nice one that was a Velcro closure, mine had a Red Cross on it. no one ever gave me problems.

7. Earl B

Earl B

8. MurrayNevada

I don't propose anything. I just stated what I believe when I see a man with a fanny-pack. I think what you do is very reasonable and to me joggers with a fanny-pack are viewed differently than others.

9. chiefjack

chiefjack

Check Amazon for "Don't Tread On Me Holster Company". I'm on my second one. First one lasted 10+ years of daily carry with my G27. Great quality and they have several sizes to choose from.

-JCN- likes this.
  10. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

I have gotten good service out of the old Galco Phoenix packs. I just checked their site and they have a new design now (HERE) with which I am not familiar.

11. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

Pistolwear holster is the best sports activity holster. I had tried almost every type. It’s the most comfortable. It’s a fanny pack that is more of a belly band. It hides under your clothes,

View: https://youtu.be/xJcFWt9udgs

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  12. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I have an old De Santis from long ago, on a long drive it works very well.
    It has an internal Velcro holster, and my only issue was that I stopped for gas once and the end of my G-22 was still secure but poking out the Velcro release side.
    I have never worn mine in public, but what the hey, I would if I needed too.

13. johnkn

johnkn

thanks all! I'll need something to accommodate a gun, wallet, watch, and keys so I don't have to leave them in a hotel room while running. I'll only use it a few times a year but trying to be prepared.

14. Steve in PA

Steve in PA

I don't carry in a fanny pack often, but.....I do several times a year. I'm usually wearing a t-shirt, gym shorts and sneakers. I think it's an Uncle Mike's brand fanny pack.

Inside, I have a S&W 642, 4 reloads on quick strips, my wallet (badge & ID), yes....I'm a LEO.......my keys, paper money, a set of handcuffs, handcuff key and a knife.

If someone's bias is that every time they see a fanny pack, they think....GUN......so be it.

arnold ziffle likes this.
  15. MurrayNevada

When you are working and someone approaches you wearing a fanny-pack do you not even consider that there may me a handgun in it? If not, you should. You call it, "bias." I call it situational awareness.

16. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

here ya go! if yer gonna wear a fanny pack you might as well go all in....

images.jpeg

17. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

If he is for gun rights, I don’t care what or whom he loves if they are of the age of consent-lol

G26-Has-my-6 likes this.
  18. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

I have had a Galco fanny pack that has lasted quite well. Folks can make fun of them all they want, but they are fine for exercise, as the OP wants, and for yard work, when they keep the pistol cleaner than just about any other carry method, and for long car trips, when the pistol lays right in your lap for easy fast access. If you care more about your fashion statement than self protection, use something else. If you don't care what anonymous people on the internet think, use a fanny pack whenever you want.

19. arnold ziffle

arnold ziffle aka dingle

DA04278E-0D8A-46EA-85FA-AF6E43BB96DD.jpeg CBE64528-856A-4591-9C77-8DC9408044EC.jpeg i was looking for one to carry a glock 19 or kahr p9, wallet and cell phone. i’ve been pocket carrying the above for over 25 years. i wanted something i could wear with sweats or shorts for walking the dogs, biking etc. i have an old small tommy’s that i used many years ago but have outgrown the belt strap. i bought a maxpedition octo on sale but didn’t like the front pocket because it stuck out an inch and a half from the main pouch. i wanted something more flat so it would fit under the long tailed t shirts i wear. so i ripped the stitching off the front pocket and had to cut off the bottom as it was sewn to three other parts of the pack. it now almost disappears under the t shirt and doesn’t look to bad.

20. ActanonVerba70

ActanonVerba70

I did not consider this aspect. This forum allows individuals to converse and learn - great opportunities here. :)

arnold ziffle likes this.