·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some may not like them but they just keep going up - quickly.

I remember one for about half this just a few years ago.

Reactions: peanuts2018

·
M62/76
12,545 Posts
That guy had a lot of nice items...NIB 76 Valmet in 7.62x39, 1962 HK G3...watching these closely.

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,680 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seriously, that is SOME collection. Love how these prizes are just thrown on his bed. Strange for an FFL with such high end stuff. He's got the good big time though. Figured you'd love that Valmet!!

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,680 Posts
Some may not like them but they just keep going up - quickly.

I remember one for about half this just a few years ago.
It's millenials with disposable income. The FAMAS is generally well known because of its appearance in Metal Gear Solid 1.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I can't remember the number imported, but I want to say less than 200.
Thanks so much!! I was hoping that someone had the ad. MAN do I wish that I'd have bought one then!! Can't recall if I every saw any in the day. Do you know when that ad is from - or where?

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's millenials with disposable income. The FAMAS is generally well known because of its appearance in Metal Gear Solid 1.

I of course remember seeing them everywhere in France in 07 when I was there.

I'd guess that established collectors are going after this as opposed to the gaming set. That said, my 12 y o has asked me about the FAMAS many times based on his games.

·
Florist
20,132 Posts
I remember in the late 1990s (???) seeing photos of French Foreign Legion troopers deploying with these rifles and thinking how ugly they were. Bullpup design rifles were all the rage back back then and some militaries experimented with them. Currently I've only seen photos of French and Chinese military using bullpup rifles. I think even the UK gave up on them.

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,680 Posts
Thanks so much!! I was hoping that someone had the ad. MAN do I wish that I'd have bought one then!! Can't recall if I every saw any in the day. Do you know when that ad is from - or where?
I honestly have no idea, someone scanned it and posted it to Reddit. I'm guessing it's from a magazine like Guns and Ammo, or was handed out at Shot Show.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There will always be someone who will pay out the patoot to be the only one on the block with a set of hen's teeth or a pair of chicken lips.

The semi auto FAMAS rifle is nothing special, 'just rare. For what it's worth, so is coprolite.

Guinness World Record Coprolite Collection...
The same of course could be said for literally any high end collectible of any kind. No doubt that some would have absolutely no interest whatsoever in this rifle. But, one thing is for sure: these rifles command serious money absolutely consistently. Look how aggressive the bidding has been with 5 days left. It's clearly one of the most collectible of all modern firearms. Folks can very rightfully say that they would have 0 interest in something and think that people that pay a certain amount or nuts, but something's by definition worth what you can get for it. These always sell for high prices. Always. And I'm sure they will keep going up.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does anyone know what happened to them why they stopped importing?

I'm guessing that they started importing right before the ban and then stopped as is the case with some of the other rare pre ban guns but I don't know.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,652 Posts
Zimbabwe Dollars?

Reactions: spork

·
aka dingle
1,338 Posts
they didn’t sell many at that price. back then i bought an hk 91 for 412.00 out the door in california no less.

·
Federal Member
29,537 Posts
30K and it is NOT a transferable machine gun?

Crazy.

:crazy:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts