close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

False Advertising by Wicked Grips

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by SilverState, Feb 24, 2005.

1. SilverState

SilverState

This guy's website makes lots of offers, but when you place an order, he tries to get out of honoring his offers. Here's the e-mail I just wrote him:

Ed,

Let me see if I understand you. On your website's home page you say:

"ALL VETERANS. . . ALL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, PAST & PRESENT, AND ALL SERVICE MEN & WOMEN WILL RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES WE OFFER. PLEASE SEE OUR "MILITARY LE GRIPS" PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS. . . OR E-MAIL ME FOR MORE INFORMATION!"

On your website page entitled Military LE Grips, you say:

"Whether you see something below which you want to buy direct.. or you prefer something more "custom" tailored to you (unit insignia? Rank? Initials?).... ALL Service men & women... ALL Veterans... and ALL past & present Law enforcement officers get a 10% discount on their orders at WICKED GRIPS."

On that same page, you go on to say:

"This Discount applies to anything for sale on this website. Its my little way of saying "THANK YOU" to the people who have given so much!"

On the Coffin Cases page of your website, you say:

"Any purchase of a set of grips will come with a $10 certificate towards the purchase any non-sale firearm at Ordnance Outsellers.com."

On the Promos page of your website, you say:

"Any purchase of a set of grips will come with a $10 certificate towards the purchase any non-sale firearm at Ordnance Outsellers.com."

When I e-mailed you and told you what I did for a living and asked if I qualified for an leo discount, you said:

"2. Yes... I offer a 10% discount to LEO's... you'd be covered."

NOW, you are saying 1) I cannot have the one gift certificate for either pair of grips that I am purchasing, 2) I cannot get an leo discount on sale items, and 3) you cannot afford to give an leo discount on a sale item with free grip screws.

Here's the problem. I did not set your prices. I did not decide that you must offer an leo discount. I did not decide that you must offer free grip screws with each set of grips. I did not decide that you must offer a gift certificate with each set of grips. I did not design your website. YOU did all those things. YOU failed to say that leo discounts are not offered on sale items. YOU failed to say that gift certificates are not offered on leo discounts. YOU failed to say that you cannot afford to give leo discounts on sale items with free grip screws. YOU could have stated all those things on your website, but you failed to do so.

You have succeeded in wasting my time. If I had more time, I would explore the practicality of making you perform on your offers or collecting damages for failure to perform. But I don't have the time for it. In fact, the time it has taken me to write this e-mail is more time than I have to spare. Nevertheless, I wanted you to understand that you need to do one of two things: 1) honor your offers as you made them, or 2) change your website to reflect whether or not the offers can be used with other offers, etc.

So, I don't want your grips. I will never buy anything from you. I don't trust that you will do what you say you will do because you are not honoring your offers. I hope you correct this situation so as to not lose other potential customers. I intend to inform others of my bad experience with you.