Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, didn't get - or see - any bear last weekend. Wonderful weather, cool and crisp at night then warming a bit in the afternoon... perfect Vermont fall weather. A few pictures just for fun:

Old man setup. Comfy chair, book, water, and a lever action. I (we, when with my son) wear the blaze orange when walking in, then take it off and cover it when setup. I covered it with the extra camo pillow I brought, just in case my butt needed it. Seated in front of a small rise to hide my outline:

What I was looking over. Good sight lines, over looking a trail (the downed white dog wood in the distance is the trail) that bears have left prints on. No sign this time, though, but I gave it a try. I left alone a much more potentially productive area for next week, when my son will be with me. Nice area for a read and a nap, though:

What I "shot": Chipmunk! Got close, too, before he realized I was there. A red squirrel also came very close before noticing me, but I couldn't get the camera out without spooking him:

We'll get a bear one of these days, but I am not really worried about it, I am having a great time anyways. Also mowed the lawn of my friend's cabin, cleaned out the wood stove, and restocked the firewood bin inside the cabin. It was a really nice weekend to spend alone out in the woods!

·
Big Member
2,227 Posts
A lot of the enjoyment in hunting is just being out there watching birds and other animals, the changes in weather and the beauty of the landscape. Those who don't hunt miss a lot of life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts