Fake News: Vilifying Good Guy With Gun

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by glockman66, Jan 25, 2017.

1. glockman66

glockman66

hogship likes this.
  2. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

The Cult of Victimhood dogmatically hates any sign of independence or strength.

3. crockett

crockett

If we don't watch it, America will be run (down) by the mainstream media. From all the big ones, Fox News is the only one that is somewhat neutral these days.

We really need a News Accountability Act. If they spread false information or add personal interpretation to news, they get their license for all outlets revoked and fined heavily. In extreme cases journalist go to jail.

News need to be nothing else but the reporting of data. No interpretations, no guesswork, no manipulation, no brainwashing.

This News Accountability Act should also include that all news agencies get funding from the consumer alone through there payments of the cable provider or when paying for a newspaper. No more AD funding or donations.

SGT HATRED and Glockdude1 like this.
  4. Devin

Devin

Are you being sarcastic? I don't think we can expect the country to understand and interpret the second amendment correctly if we attack the first. They have absolute freedom to distribute whatever they want and regulating them is a slippery slope with repercussions none of us want. Seriously dangerous path you're discussing if you believe what you wrote.

halfmoonclip likes this.
  5. Devin

Devin

I am actually deeply concerned by your post and the fact that it's written by someone in a gun forum. You're talking North Korea status media regulation in your post.

6. crockett

crockett

You will think differently when they vote democratic again after 4 more years of lies and manipulation by a the main stream media.

How many left winger actually believe all that crap and cast their vote on misinformation? Where have you been the last year?!

Since when does the 1st give anybody the right to spread lies or build a bias based on false information or even staged events?

If you think the current media is doing right, you are part of the problem.

Equus Pallidus likes this.
  7. Buffalo11

Buffalo11

Realize that once you put that into place, it is forever available to Democrats whenever they have the reins.

hooligan74 and halfmoonclip like this.
  8. crockett

crockett

PS: what part of accountability don't you understand? We are all accountable in basically all aspects of our life and you want to continue to give the media the free ride they had abusing after all the **** that's been going on lately?

9. crockett

crockett

Why is making news agencies accountable for delivering the truth and nothing but the truth an advantage for the Democrats in your book? That implies that you think that Republicans do bad thinks and it could come out this way.

10. Devin

Devin

You ever read the onion?

With all they tried this time around, people were smart enough to not believe them. Do you see Hilary in office?

It absolutely gives them the freedom to write what they want including false information. Your scenario gives too much power to the government. How do you define mainstream? Who regulates it? Who ensures these regulators don't overstep? How desides what is truthful? Again, look at North Korea and their government run news that only allows"truth"

halfmoonclip likes this.
  11. Devin

Devin

We as a people hold them accountable by not supporting their business. This free pass you ask about is right here.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

*Mic drop*

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    halfmoonclip likes this.
  12. crockett

crockett

The world is not black or white. For everything there is a solution in the middle. The media is abusing voters by manipulating them. The vast majority of main stream media turned left in the past years.

Making news agencies accountable doesn't mean anything government regulation, that's just your interpretation of my idea. They could be held accountable in a court of law, and if a public jury decides that the news agency spread false information willingly or with intent, they have to face consequences like we all have to.

Without these misrepresentations of the truth Trump would have won the popular vote too, there is no doubt about it in my mind.

What do you think is going to happen when the main stream media continues to willfully take Trump apart with misinformation over the next 4 years? The majority of people in the US do not think independently. They cast their vote based on what they hear day in and day out.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    snerd likes this.
  13. crockett

crockett

Not supporting their business?! Is that why CNN had a record year in profit, in 2016 and will approach $1 billion in gross profit in 2017? Because we don't support them? Your suggestion just proved you wrong from A to Z.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...0913d68eacb_story.html?utm_term=.e66c5ffb255b

What's next? Are you going to tell me that CNN is not left wing biased?

14. Devin

Devin

They are left wing biased as they are allowed to be. Obviously enough people support them to keep them profitable which is fine. So basically as long as everything aligns with your ideas, it is truthful and allowed? You're seriously talking about overstepping the most sacred parts of the Constitution.

"Making news agencies accountable doesn't mean anything government regulation, that's just your interpretation of my idea. They could be held accountable in a court of law, and if a public jury decides that the news agency spread false information willingly or with intent, they have to face consequences like we all have to."

That had to be the most idiotic thing I've ever read as that is in fact government regulation. Seriously my mind is blown that you would even consider something so preposterous. your right to free speech has me second guessing the first amendment allowing you to spread your ideas.

15. Devin

Devin

PM me your address I want to send you this book.... Seriously.

tmp_12890-5179hI4cyzL._SL1500_1323127809.jpg

16. Equus Pallidus

Equus Pallidus

I say write what you want but slander and defamation should be easy to file on a news agency and the writer who wrote the piece if found to be slanderous should never again be able to work in the NEWS business.

17. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

I despise the majority of the media in the United States for their outright lies and manipulations, and I wish them all of the Karma in the Universe for what they have done to this country. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing them knocked down off their pedestal after this election for their arrogance. It is truly delicious.

All that aside, the government should take no steps to reign them in. Mock them? Sure. Ignore and marginalize them like POTUS is doing? Absolutely. But no laws.

halfmoonclip and Devin like this.
  18. crockett

crockett

So you think the ties of CNN with parts of the government are ok..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ks-exposes-medias-secret-support-clinton.html

..but you don't want them to be accountable for this kind of corruption?

I have a book for you too:

[​IMG]

19. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

“Shopper who shot suspect did not have carry permit.”

The problem is, your average voter only has time to read the headline. The media knows this. Most people have no clue what's really going on.

I work in an office with some very smart people - all college educated, the majority with PhDs and Masters degrees. On only a couple of occasions I've brought up politics and current events. Nobody, I mean nobody, had any grasp of what's going on. They're mostly young people, raising a family and struggling just to juggle their career and a stable home life for their kids. They simply don't have the time to read the news. If they catch a headline in the paper or on the radio, that's about it. This is why the MSM is so evil. They pollute the minds of everyone.

crockett likes this.
  20. steve4102

steve4102

Have you read it?

"It's well settled law that under certain circumstance and to some extent a constitutionally protected right may be regulated. What those circumstance might be and the nature and extent of permissible regulation will be worked out by the courts. To do so, a court will consider, among other things, the nature of the right, the nature of the regulation, and the governmental purpose intended to be served.

For the purposes of illustration, let's consider the regulation of rights protected by the First Amendment. While the First Amendment protects freedom of speech, assembly and religion against laws that abridge those rights we know there has been a history of certain regulation of speech, assembly and religion. A few examples are:
    • Laws prohibiting such things as false advertising, fraud or misrepresentation, as well as laws requiring certain disclosures in connection with various transactions, would absolutely survive a challenge to their validity on Constitutional grounds even though such laws do impinge on the freedom of speech. Among other things, such laws serve compelling state interests related to promoting honest business and helping to preserve the integrity of commercial transactions. They tend to be only as broad as necessary to serve that function.

• If you are offering securities or certain other types of investments to the public, your written solicitation materials will have to first be approved prior to use by one or more regulatory agencies. If you are selling medicines in interstate commerce, your labeling will have to be approved in advance by the FDA, and you will have to have demonstrated, through hard, scientific data, that any claims or representations made are true. These are also laws that abridge freedom of speech, and yet they are regularly enforced.

• Laws respecting the time, place and manner of speech or assembly have also survived Constitutional challenges. Thus a municipality may require that organizers obtain a permit in order to hold an assembly or a parade and may prohibit such activities during, for example, the very early morning hours. Such regulations would be permitted only to the extent necessary to serve the compelling state interest of protecting public health and safety. Any such regulations, to be constitutionally permissible, could not consider the content of the speech or assembly; and they would need to be applied in an even handed manner based on set guidelines and not subject to the discretion of a public official. See, for example:
      • Hill v Colorado, 530 U.S. 703, 120 S.Ct. 2480, 147 L.Ed.2d 597 (2000), in which the Court, in upholding a Colorado law restricting protesting, educational or counseling activities within 100 feet of the entrance to a health facility,"

crockett likes this.