close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fake cops --what to do?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mikey177, Nov 30, 2006.

1. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

The following news story brings to light the possibility of coming in contact with criminals masquerading as police officers in order to gain entry to your property. Most civilians would be more cordial towards persons in uniform and will even let their guard down when confronted by the badge.

So, how do we deal with these kinds of situations? How can we tell if a person in uniform is indeed the real deal or just a poser?

http://newsinfo.inq7.net/inquirerheadlines/metro/view_article.php?article_id=35545

Robbers in cops’ gear strike in Parañaque

By Jocelyn Uy
    Inquirer
    Last updated 03:30am (Mla time) 11/30/2006

Published on Page A22 of the November 30, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

A HEIST pulled off at a trucking firm in Parañaque City before dawn yesterday had an oddly familiar tack: Armed men clad in police uniforms disarming and tying up security guards before fleeing with the company’s money.

The four security guards of Aspac International Inc. on Kaingin Road, Multinational Avenue in Barangay Sto. Niño told the police yesterday that around 2 p.m. the seven suspects introduced themselves as policemen serving a warrant of arrest.

The suspects allegedly requested that they be accompanied to the office and provided with the list of the security guards hired by the company so they could verify the subject of the arrest warrant, said city police chief Supt. Ronald Estilles.

A few minutes later, the security guards were disarmed and hogtied with packaging tape.

The robbers then proceeded to the cashier booth, forcibly took the safety vault that contained a still undetermined amount of money and hauled it into their vehicle.

The suspects boarded an Isuzu Highlander with plate number WRJ-519 and another car with plate number WDK-641.

The vehicles were registered to a certain Luisito Venturina of Batangas and Rostico Marquez of Tondo, Manila, respectively, the police later learned.

“We are still trying to find out if the two have something to do with the robbery,” Estilles told the Inquirer.

Yesterday’s incident was the second to happen in the city this month involving armed men disguised as police officers.

Estilles said they were already on the lookout for the “Golangco Group” that could be responsible for the robberies.

“The security guards said they could identify the suspects because they did not wear bonnets that also hid their faces. We will show them the file of this particular group for confirmation,” the police chief said.

He added that the group that carried out the robbery yesterday could be the same gang that ransacked the Duty Free Philippines shop on Ninoy Aquino Avenue in the same barangay two weeks ago.

Empty-handed

The robbers, however, left empty-handed because they were not able to open the DFP shop’s vault.

The police also linked the group to the robbery incident at the Casa Armas Gunshop at the FRC Mall in Cavite province early this month, and another one involving the warehouse of the National Food Authority in Taguig City which happened late September.

Copyright 2006 Inquirer.

2. jasonub

jasonub

maybe they are real cops:supergrin:

3. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Shucks, di ko naisip yon a :shocked:

4. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

probably yes, probably no...:laughabove: i'm presently assigned at the warrant unit of our station, my suggestions are: don't allow them to enter your premises unless they properly introduce themselves and their intentions ( showing their ID's and the warrant), in case of doubt ask for their office numbers call it and verify if they're connected, and if they are not from your local police call the nearest police precinct and check if there are such groups coordinated with them regarding the said operations. if all verifications were done and gave negative results, ask for assistance from the nearest precinct. if the operations are valid, ask for the presence of your local barangay officials.

5. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

hope this info helps.

when leo asks to entry your premises they should have a valid reason either a search warrant, a raid or warrnt of arrest

BUT

they should be accompanied by a homeowners/baranggay representative AND must be properly informed with the local police authorities

so all you need to do is verify with them. if they are not valid ask for help!

shucks, malapit pa mandin ako sa pinangyarihan. nakakatakot.
    so tell those people left in your house just in case this happens

6. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

hard to trust but i will always have may G17 ready with 33rnds mag full of hallow point bullets - ready to rock&roll :supergrin:

7. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

It would be good if the cops gave you time to verify their identities.

Do a Google Philippines search on "Butuan convent raid" and you'll be amazed at how heavy-handed and gung-ho real police officers can be when they are after a suspect.

In the Butuan convent incident, the cops climbed over the walls of the convent when they were not immediately let in, and they searched through all the rooms of comtemplative nuns in spite of the protests and requests for a valid search warrant by the nuns.

8. anticentipede

anticentipede IN GOD WE TRUST

Get a video camera and record everything they do and make sure to get a good shot of their faces hands, badges and guns.

If they object, then they must be BGs, why would real cops be afaid of being videotaped if what they're doing is legal?

And if they're BGs then you guys know what to do.

9. G19cPH

G19cPH

Invest in a CCTV.

10. Tejeron

Tejeron

or ex-Cop

11. MRV_G17

MRV_G17

im not saying our cops are full of bag eggs but this kind of news is really common - lately.

will always have my G17/4 mags loaded and ready to rock&roll :)

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200612026306.htm

Woman vs 4 cops
    By Jerry Botial
    The Philippine Star 12/02/2006

A woman in Caloocan City filed charges of grave abuse of authority yesterday against four members of the District Police Intelligence Unit with the People’s Law Enforcement Board.

Leticia Piamonte, 32, accused SPO4 Rodrigo Torio, PO3s Lito Lagmay and Conrado Punzalan and PO2 Noel Lagmay illegally searched her house after she was mistaken for a kabo or a bet collector for an illegal lottery.

She claimed they took some P60,000 in cash — her capital for her dried fish business — and a fighting cock’s gaff or tari worth about P5,000. An initial hearing on the case has been set for Dec. 15.

Piamonte said the officers have earlier sent feelers to settle the case but she is determined to pursue the case until justice is served. "I am not going to be intimidated," she said, adding that cases against corrupt policemen often get dismissed because complainants allow themselves to be cowed.

Piamonte said more ordinary citizens would be victimized by rogue cops if they are intimidated from making complaints. :supergrin: :supergrin:

12. isuzu

isuzu

This is what happens to stupid cops who abuse their authority in Western Visayas. Glad to have Geary Barias back in WV as the Regional Commander after serving Negros Occidental as Provincial Commander. He is kalog but known to be a disciplinarian when it comes to erring policemen. He has the cajones to fire them:

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2006/December/01/topstory3.htm

13. toxic

toxic

what if they are already in front of my gate trying to force thier way in? Please advise.

14. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

1. Get a stronger, higher gate and perimeter.

2. Anyone STILL trying to force their way through into your home
    without satisfactorily establishing a legal right to do so should
    be treated as assailants breaking and entering with deadly intent.
    All this dynamic entry BS in the States is a baaaaad example for
    other countries' LEOs to be following.

This is why home design and landscaping are important: you delay
    a potential enemy for better I.D., and failing that, you channel
    them without their knowledge into killing zones by dint of the
    residence's very layout.

3. Have good lawyers on speed dial for when the gunsmoke clears.

15. toxic

toxic

thanks Sir Horge.

16. isuzu

isuzu

True. A house of a friend in Bacolod has two sets of heavy steel gates. Your car enters the first gate, then it is closed. Before the second gate is opened, the vehicle and occupants get checked by the guards. If you're a bad element, good luck!:)

17. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

call the nearest police precinct and barangay officials, even call your neighbors (keep their numbers on your directory) for them to observe what's going on. do all the necessary precautions and legal ways before you react harshly. if the operations were legal and opposing such i tell you, it might be worst more than you would expect.

18. toxic

toxic

Witness...

I asked because , one time there was a drug buy bust operation in my neighborhood,apparently my neighbor (suspect) had thrown a bag inside my yard . CIDG agents asked my permision..to search my yard , they identified themselves but dont know if they are what they realy say they are..so i granted the access with 4 members of my family and a pack of my neighbors uziing on what they are doing..they have found nothing so they went to another property to look...so i did the right thing..Thanks Officer Saki
    By the way my neighbor suspect is serving a jail term .

19. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Yan ang gusto ko kay Horge, always on the same page as I am, especially the kill zones, yan ang pina-raktis ko noon sa bahay at uulit ulitin ko hanggang ma-perfect namin. Saka coordination na kapag eto ang sitwasyon lahat dapat ng kasambahay ko alam ang role nila at yon ay nakadapa lang sila.

20. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

The problem is how would you get to your kill zones in a hurry. I'd like to call them choke points. Rather than establishing only kill zones or chokepoints, why not focus instead on "strongholds"?

How do we determine choke points anyway.

In a home defense situation, most average houses has rooms facing the sala or hallways. In the absence of narrow corridors, a wide open sala or hallway without available cover is good substitute. I doubt there'll be much room to move inside average sized houses during such situations. Remember, you'll be moving in close quarters so getting to your established chokepoints will be a major problem. So how do you build a stronghold and still have your chokepoint? I suggest you make use of those shelves filled with volumes of Encyclopaedia Americana and Brittanica and make good use of those useless volumes to cover the door of your room or that narrow corridors leading to your family members rooms. So if ever you have to go out, you have instant, available and reliable cover. You are behind those volumes of encyclopaedia while the bad guys are in the open wide sala. You can be sure that the badguys cannot get to your loved ones without getting past you. And they cannot mistakenly enter a loved ones room in their desperate run for cover.

Well of course you have to argue with your wife regarding the issue of aesthetics and tactics. Because wives may not like the idea of a bookshelf in front of rooms' doors