close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Failure to Slide Lock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glocklvr, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Glocklvr

Glocklvr

JR, Shooting a Gen 3 G19 I have recently had a few instances where I had a failure to go to slide lock on an empty magazine. It doesn't happen on the all magazines and doesn't even occur everytime with the same mags. Some ideas would be appreciated:dunno:

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

The ammo you are using is on the edge of failure. It is not blowing the slide to the rear far enough to engage the slide stop lever. Its my guess you are shooting 115 gr loads. Drop a few 124 or 147 loads in there and it will lock back every time! Its easy to prove. load a single round into the mag and shoot it.
    Please feel free to follow up with a range report. Inquiring minds want to know!

3. Glocklvr

Glocklvr

Thanks, I have been shooting a handload with 124gr RP JHP and 4.5grs of Unique. I will try some factory 147gr WW loads I have on hand. If your suspicions are verified I will increase the powder charge or try a new powder. I'll let you know the results. Thanks, Mike

4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Unique is a pretty dirty powder. You thought of trying something cleaner? Bump the power when you make the move. You will notice a lot better performance with a hotter load