close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Failure to Feed Glock 23 + Insight M6

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by brownmajik, May 28, 2007.

1. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

Went to the range today and fired off 450 rounds of CCi Blazer Brass. I noticed something odd and wanted to run it by the "community" here to see if what I think might be wrong is actually the case. I just bought a new Insight Technologies M6 weapon light. I fired about 100 rounds through the weapon without the light attached to get warmed up and find my groove. I attached the light and began firing and immediately had failures to feed on all 4 magazines. The magazines are stock springs and all have Pierce +1 extensions on them. As soon as I removed the light, the failure to feed issu was eliminated. So, my question is this:

-Do I need to install aftermarket magazine springs in order to use my weapon light with out failures?

-If so, should I use Wolf +10 magazine springs?

-If I use stronger mag springs, will there be any problems with feeding if I shoot WITHOUT the weapon light attached?

Any and all feedback will be welcomed and appreciated.

2. glock-ewe

glock-ewe

I have the G35 with the Insight M6 with light and laser. While sighting it in I had no problems at all. However, I never use the M6 while shooting at the range. Only have it on when the G35 is bedside so I will be able to see who I may be shooting at.

I am interested in following this thread to see if there is generally a lack of reliability with it installed.

3. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

Most likely it is the mag springs. The combination of the light and +1 pierce grips has caused the stock springs to be too weak to feed / compensate for the extra stiffness of the light. I'll add more info once I change the springs, but I found another thread on here where a guy had the same problem with his G22.

4. jhc37013

jhc37013

This sure isn't the first time I have read a thread where a Insight causes FTF why is it always the Insight light and not the Glock or Surefire?Is it some kind of balance or weight thing I don't know but I sure would like to,anyone have any ideas?

5. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

It's NOT the Insight M6! I went to the range today and had the GLOCK armorer remove my Pierce +1 magazine extensions and...VIOLA!...no more failures to feed! Apparently, when I added the Pierces, they extended the stock magazine springs out and lost just enough "spring" to cause the failures. I am back to the stock magazine caps for now, and I have some Wolff +10% springs on the way. When they come in, I will add them to the Pierces and report back here. So for any of you having the same problem I was having, it may be due to too little "spring" in your magazine springs.

6. K218

K218 Group Therapy

For a SD weapon, I choose not to modify mag capacity.. Carry an extra mag or 2..

7. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

This is the conclusion I have also coem to. Even though the +1 mags were not uncomfortable to carry, the reliability issue was enough to make me revert to stock.