Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a little insight on a problem I am having. I have a Mitchell Arms Gold Series '95 and I cannot get it to eject rounds (live) and (snapcaps) to save my life. The extractor seems to be grabbing the rounds fine, and the ejector is in good shape, but for some reason the rounds will not eject for anything. I was wonder if any of you have had similar issues in the past or know of a possible solution to my problem. Thanks in advance.

-Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
Take her to the range and see how she operates. I’ve had firearms that wouldn’t hand eject rounds, but worked fine shooting live rounds.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
It actually should do both (eject during hand cycling and live fire). Do this; field strip the gun and slip a round, loaded or empty under the extractor and see if it's held there okay against the breech face. If not, inspect the claw itself for chips or mis-shapen, or, most likely, remove the extractor and bend it slightly inward to gain more tension. Bend it in such a way that it bends towards the middle of the length of the extractor, go easy, a little will do it, and repeat the test. You may need to replace the extractor as well, but be sure to check tension on the new one as well.

Reactions: dlanc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It actually should do both (eject during hand cycling and live fire). Do this; field strip the gun and slip a round, loaded or empty under the extractor and see if it's held there okay against the breech face. If not, inspect the claw itself for chips or mis-shapen, or, most likely, remove the extractor and bend it slightly inward to gain more tension. Bend it in such a way that it bends towards the middle of the length of the extractor, go easy, a little will do it, and repeat the test. You may need to replace the extractor as well, but be sure to check tension on the new one as well.
Thank you very much. I did what you suggested and it remedied the problem. I cannot tell when the previous owner replaced the extractor last, so I figured I would order a replacement and swap it out if the issue happens again. Is there one that you recommend? I cant find much at all about the 1911 itself so I am unsure which one to order.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Thank you very much. I did what you suggested and it remedied the problem. I cannot tell when the previous owner replaced the extractor last, so I figured I would order a replacement and swap it out if the issue happens again. Is there one that you recommend? I cant find much at all about the 1911 itself so I am unsure which one to order.
The last one I replaced, I used a Wilson Combat Bullet Proof extractor, and had to slightly adjust (increase) tension on it after test fitting. NEVER believe the words "drop in" as pertains to 1911 parts.
Since you seem to be interested in the subject, may I most heartily suggest also ordering a copy of Kuhnhausen's "COLT 45 AUTO SHOP MANUAL- 10TH EDITION" from Brownells, link here, they have a mountain of extractors as well. Good luck!
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-...-auto-shop-manual-10th-edition-prod13805.aspx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts