close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Factory refurb's

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by JOLLY53, May 15, 2003.

1. JOLLY53

JOLLY53

Anyone out there have any info on these "factory refurbished" glocks. I want to get a G19, but, I am getting shut down by the WARDEN......er I mean wife;L due to "financial reasons" and the fact that I just picked up a new G23 this month. Please ;4

I am looking at the used glocks to soften the financial blow and make the whole deal more appealing to the WAR....wife. I have come across a few posts here where people are referring to the "Factory refurbished" glocks. Any info will be much appreciated.

Additionally, what should I expect to pay for a used G19? Thanks again.

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Well...as far as a refurbished Glock goes, my understanding is that its a Glock police trade in that Glock has refinished and brought up to spec. From what I hear they run about $400 a piece but as with all guns, price tends to vary on dealer and location.

As far as price of used Glocks in general, that too will vary by dealer and location. But I've started seeing used Glocks, in great shape, with night sights (still bright), for about $425-$475 (depending on model). I hope this helps. Goodluck. ;I

3. whiskerz

whiskerz

I own a factory refurb 21. The slide has been refinished and all of the internals are new. The big plus is that almost all refurbs come from Glock with 2 full cap mags instead of 10's. There seems to be no pattern to a dealer getting them that I have figured out. Some have mill marks on the slides from dept. logos being milled off. 9mm's should be the easiest to find as lots were traded towards .40 models;f ;f

4. Roro

Roro

I wouldn't mind getting a refurb 17 or 19.

5. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Forgot about the two prebans until you mentioned it. But sadly, some dealers choose to be punks and swap the prebans with 10 rounders and make more money off the prebans. ;I

6. The Pontificator

The Pontificator Angry Samoan

I purchased a factory-refurb G19 last December. Pistol is a turn-in from Boston PD 2nd Gen and came with 2 NFML 15 rd mags with +2 extensions.

"Born on" date of this pistol is 1989. Label on box says Glock refurbed it in 1999. Slide finish is the original flat black and is in good shape as is the receiver. Inside of the pistol is like brand new.

No doubt the only original parts are the slide, barrel, and receiver.

Shoots good! I put a set of Triji night sights, a Scherer Slug Plug, and a Glock factory extended slide stop lever.

"Go ahead...make my day."

7. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

I wonder what the cost would be without the high caps? $250-$300???? Since we cant have the hc's in california the hot ticket might be to buy one out of state work a deal for someone out of state to recieve the HC's and put them against the purchase price.

8. pangris

pangris Moderator

I've bought three. Great deal, I got 2 high caps each time, and they are like new. Accurate and reliable and all my other stuff. I paid $499 each time, with the high caps.

Paul

9. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

My info is a bit dated, but I own two factory refurb Glocks:

1. G19, purchased ~1995. Came with two factory pre-ban NDF magazines (NEW). Fixed sights. Price was $399. Came with receipt from original owner, who was a NJ police officer.

2. G23, purchased ~1998. Came with two factory pre-ban NDF magazines (used, excellent condition). Night sights. Price was $459.

Never had a problem with either one. Got mine from Targetmaster's in Chadds Ford, PA. I understand they have raised their prices on the refurbs, if they carry them at all -- around $425.

Justin